125 six day on Ebay

Started by swamp fox, June 11, 2003, 09:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamp fox

I'm sure all you guys have seen the pretty six days on Ebay by now. Reminds me of when I had my Sportster in the sunroom of the house polishing all the aluminum.            http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Viewitem&item=2418740095&category=6719

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

imported_n/a

Robert,

A very nice Six-Day racer, indeed.  It only received bids of a little over $1,000.  The reserve must have been a couple grand, based on the money put into it.  Why wasn't this bike snapped up?  Jeff Reid's very nice '72 100 sold for around $2,200, as I recall.

Too bad, as it looked like a turnkey bike:  Buy it, break it in and go racing!!

Glenn

swamp fox

Hi Glenn,
Yea, when I posted this last night it was still up for sale. Someone may have given him a private offer he couldn't refuse. I've got a '72 exactly like the one Jeff sold and am in the process of getting it put back together. I hope I can make it look as good, but then my wife might have to see another bike in the house again!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

FMF MX

Hey All...

That was my back up bike that a buddy restored for me. I sold it, and the new owner decided to go another direction, so he sold it. It is a very nice race ready bike. I had it here for sale back in March. Wish one of you had snapped it up.

I recognize the living room..

Bart Carrigan

Edited by - FMF MX on 06/13/2003  5:09:26 PM
Bart Carrigan

Blue_Dog

Hay Bart:
With out infringing on the guys business. What do you think that bike sold for...?
B_D

SoCal996

Bart, I thought that was your bike, the number 22 gave it away. Looked like your floor also, but the location through me.

Brian

FMF MX

Hey All -

I spoke to him after he sold it, said he lost a couple hundred, so I'm guessing he got somewhere around 2,000 for it..It really is a nice bike, very fast, ported to the "mettco" specs that Carl Cranke put out in an old Penton service bulletin. It would pull my race Penton, but not my 125 Husky..My Husky is F A S T..I weigh 230, and can pull holeshots on it..And no, its not a 175..really..

Bart Carrigan
Bart Carrigan

Larry Perkins

Bart,

How can I get in touch with you to ask some 125 Husky mod questions?  I tried the e-mail in your profile but it would not work.  Thanks.

FMF MX

Hi Larry -

My new email is..."[email protected]" I work for the company that is rebuilding Iraq, here in San Francisco..I basically live here, so thats the best way to reach me.
Talk to you later -

Bart Carrigan
Bart Carrigan