73-74 Penton 250 Free to good Home

Started by barteet, June 25, 2003, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barteet

Hi,

The gal a couple of doors down was about to pitch what seemed like a nice little dirt bike into the landfill, so I stepped in and saved it.

It's a complete Penton 250 from either 73 or 74 I think. The motor is seized, but it's all there, and appears to be in decent shape. There's a few more bits to it that are not in the picture below.

No title or paperwork. Just a good little fixer for somebody.

I'm in Santa Barbara, CA, and again, it's FREE.

http://www.barteet.com/penton/penton.jpg

Email me at [email protected] if you'd like to come get it.

swamp fox

Barteet,
Nice save! She must have been pretty mad at someone to just pitch it out on the street. Too bad I'm in the process of restoring my Berkshire. I don't think I could justify to the "Boss" another project right now. I'm sure it won't be long before you get a taker.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Randy Kirkbride

Nice Bike...
Looks to be a 76-77
Too bad I'm in Ohio

Rocket

Bart
Sent you an email about bike.
Rod

barteet

It's been pointed out that the bike is probably a 1977 model. It looks just like this one, but not as nice:

http://www.ktm495.mxbikes.com/other30.htm

-jeffrey

penton117

Hi,

I live in SOuthern California and have been hoping to find a stable mate to keep my 125 six-day company. I can pick that bike up this weekend if that's possible. Please let me know ASAP. I can be e-mailed at [email protected] or call me at 714-938-1300.

Thanks,

Don

drtrnr

It looks exactly like my 76, too bad I'm in PA. Lot of good parts.

crash carden

Barteet,hello if Don does not take the bike could I have the next chance to get it ? Thanks, Crash Carden.

crash carden

Barteet, heres my  email [email protected] thanks again, Crash.

barteet

Hey, Everyone,

Brian from Carlsbad, California who responded within' 30 minutes of my first post drove the 4+ hours to Santa Barbara and got the bike.

Now, THAT'S how you clean out your garage.

Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest and helping me find a good home for the bike.

Now maybe the good luck will come back to me and the BMW R100CS of my dreams will find me.

-jeffrey