rings for 250, 2nd over wisco piston

Started by thedish, July 12, 2003, 01:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedish

anyone have or know the whereabouts of a set of rings for a 250 penton with 2nd over wisco piston.

w. terry dishroon
w. terry dishroon

James

Terry know this sounds dumb..but have you contacted wiesco? Maybe they can reference the rings you need to another more common set.
That is maybe the 2nd over KTM is the sames as a standard Yamaha or something?

Worst case.. bored to next over to run it...I never had any problem getting pistons/ rings for my 250 from Bobby L. But I dont know his sources-had one mahle and one wiesco done for me.

How about posting for DR2stroke. This guy is in switzerland and has collected nos and used KTM parts for the last 20 yrs or so.
 Might have some rings from when the wiescos were more common. Sorry couldn't be of more help, James

I have bike parts in the kitchen cabinets where most people have dishes..
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

thedish

thans for the Info.  I will try your suggestions.  anybody else out there have any leads .

w. terry dishroon
w. terry dishroon

thedish

I am new at this , how do I get in touch with Bobby L?

w. terry dishroon
w. terry dishroon

john durrill

terry
try Larry Perkins on Al B. they are listed under the parts suppliers on the Home Page.
 I can look and find Bobby Lucas's home # if
you need it.

James

Terry if you need Bobby's # e-mail me. i know it off the top of my head as it's been the sames since I can remeber knowing him..James

thedish

Let me lnow what Bobby's e-mail is and I will try that route.  Just send him my e-mail and have him get in touch with me if you would , please.

w. terry dishroon
w. terry dishroon

Mike Lenz

An OEM top L ring looks like it will work in a original Wiseco. I have not been able to find any replacements either so after looking things over I got a stock top ring to try when my present rings wear out. I will be using the old bottom one over again.

James

Terry sorry-I did not respond to your post the other day. Bobby gave me his e-mail and I could not get it to work. Looks like he got hurt in Ohio now. May be a few weeks before he is going again. thanks James

thedish

thanks Mike, I will check tomorrow and see if I can locate one.  Thanks again.

Terry.

w. terry dishroon
w. terry dishroon