ISDTRR Video /DVD

Started by johnm01880, August 09, 2003, 11:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnm01880

We are discussing the feasability of having a professional videographer produce a video of ISDTRR 03. I've seen samples of his
work and can attest to near-broadcast quality production. Two videographers will capture footage of the following, and post edit a final piece to include:

- Festivities
- Interviews with riders and spectators
- Ride footage
- Motorcycles
- Crowd shots
- Banquet footage
- Jim Hoellerich's Vintage Trailbike Museum
- Other suitable digital video footage as may be provided by
participants and spectators.

You get the picture!

We anticipate a final cost of $19.95 (plus shipping) for either VHS tapes or DVDs. The Pathfinders are not making any money from this proposed activity. We're discussing the situation at our bi-weekly planning meetings and would like to make a go/no go decision very soon. Your feedback and support are important. To help us (and the
video crew) decide if this will be worthwhile, please let me know if you might be interested in purchasing one or more VHS tapes or DVDs.

We think this could be a significant documentary of  the legends of the sport who will be there -- all the POG and other
vintage enduro MC riders and fans who will be there -- and of the machines they rode. We may never see such a gathering again.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

John Leone

rob w

John,

"Worthwhile".....?....I think it's a necessity!!

Like you said, it's going to be a legendary reunion, and most likely will never be duplicated again. Please try to capture these images on film, how perfect! It would be a shame if it did'nt happen.
I'm good for at least one copy, you can bet on that, thanks.
Bob

hrbay

Good to see this event recorded for all who wish they could come, but can't. I'm good for a copy. GC

GC
GC

Steve Minor

Count on me for a copy too.

Steve Minor

Randy Kirkbride

LynnCamp

I would purchase.  I know that it may add to the cost, but I would hope that you will provide some voiceover/subtitles to try and clue the viewer into who is who including a little of their background, where appropriate.  
     Also a list of the rider number, rider names and motorcycle name/year in the credits would help us figure out who is who under the helmets.  Thanks!

johnm01880

Hi Lynn,

There will be sound and narration. Depending on a number of production issue factors, we may be able to do some sub-titling.

John Leone

Quotequote:
I would purchase.  I know that it may add to the cost, but I would hope that you will provide some voiceover/subtitles to try and clue the viewer into who is who including a little of their background, where appropriate.  
     Also a list of the rider number, rider names and motorcycle name/year in the credits would help us figure out who is who under the helmets.  Thanks!

swamp fox

John,
I'm in for one! It would be a real treat to see. Maybe someone could get you some footage from 30 yrs ago to go along with yours.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

LynnCamp

I took footage at the Bershire on one of those Bell & Howell 8mm (I think).  Don't know what it would take to transfer that to VHS or DVD.
Lynn

Doug Wilford

John, As you can see from the responce the making of a video, will make it worth doing.   Sticking my neck out just a little, but if your group needs any moneys up front the Penton Owners Group would be glad to help.

johnm01880

Doug

Thanks to you and POG for your kind offer. We think we can bootstrap the financing but if we get stuck, it's great to know that we might have some options.

Later,

John

Quotequote:
John, As you can see from the responce the making of a video, will make it worth doing.   Sticking my neck out just a little, but if your group needs any moneys up front the Penton Owners Group would be glad to help.

johnm01880

Lynn,

Send an e-mail to me off-list at [email protected]. I'll return a message and provide you my contact information. If you send me the film, I can capture it on digital video. It'd be great to include a section of home movies in the documentary. Anyone else out there have films?

By the way, I'd love to get my hands on the old 16mm Berkshire Trials film that was done years ago. NETRA used to have a copy -- long gone. If I can get it, I'd love to copy that over to digital video, also. Now wouldn't you just love to have a DVD of that film!

John Leone

Quotequote:
I took footage at the Bershire on one of those Bell & Howell 8mm (I think).  Don't know what it would take to transfer that to VHS or DVD.
Lynn

tomale

This sounds great. count me in for a copy.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tlanders

OF COURSE Rosemary and I will want one!!!!

Teddy

Big Bob

Put me down for a copy also.