68 Berkshire spec's

Started by Jigsaw, August 20, 2003, 06:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

Does anyone have the basic spec's on this model? Does Berkshire indicate enduro or MX. Should it have headlights etc. I cant restore it if I dont know what stock should look like. Any help or direction? Thanks!!

Doug Wilford

The 68 Pentons only came with lighting or as enduro models.   Many people removed them to MX but the original was already the enduro.   I am not positive when we started to get them in MX trim with the enduro kit an add on.   1970 I think.

OUCWBOY

Hey Doug,
Mike Lewis charged me $50.00 more for the lights on my 69. I bought it in March or April of 69.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

Donny i'll give a little profit on that light kit.  Only kidding - I thought we had some 69' bikes out of Revon's Penton dealership with no lights.  But since MX was so big the dealer may have MXed it before it hit the floor.  I'll ask him next month.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

What is the frame number you are going to restore?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Jigsaw

firstturn,
V799. It seems to be setup for m/x and no sign of any extra wiring etc.if that means anything. As I remember, I bought in 1970/71 from a friend who's wife only rode desert trails. As my wife did for a very short time. Something about having our first child caused the bike to be parked. Now I can finally get back to it.

Jigsaw

Just thinking, Is there a record of sales of dist/shipping from mfg to dealer that might help track the history per v number? I really don't know where the bikes were made . What I need is a good history lesson on the Penton or a good push toward where to get it. thanks

firstturn

Jigsaw E-Mail me at firstturn@hotmail,com and I will call you and try to answer all your questions to the best of my ability.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh