Muffler mounts for vintage Pentons and the like.

Started by IYA0YAS, March 06, 2001, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IYA0YAS

I'm in the process of designing replacement muffler mounts.  These sandwich mounts will have the same geometry profile and attachment spec's as the OEM parts.
These mounts will be designed to within +/- 10% of the original shear and compression stiffness as well as improved thermal properties which reduce elastomer set and bond failure when subjected to random shock loads at elevated temperatures.  

I've spoken with Al Buehner regarding this issue, since he has been the primary source of NOS parts for my Penton.
I believe I'm in a unique position to help Penton owners(and others) source these essential components which were designed specifically for this off-highway application.

I'm asking for some feedback as to the percieved demand of such a part.  

Your feedback is appreciated.

Edited by - IYA0YAS on 03/06/2001  10:51:58 PM

Edited by - IYA0YAS on 03/06/2001  10:55:29 PM

Chris Brown

I would buy a half a dozen of them from Al if he had them.
Particularly, my 400 ate a bunch of the cheap ones you can get through standard hardware supplies, they aren't strong enough. For the back mount I ended up through bolting with a stack of neoprene washers for the proper stand off. Works okay.

I'll bet anyone with a Penton would buy some. And you could probably sell some for Maico and Husky too.

Chris

Kip Kern

I may be interested in 20 or so.  "Granger" offers these in american thread for around $2.  Dimensions are 1" diameter and 1" tall with three styles available.  They are used for airconditioner aircompressor mounting and can take a beating! Check //www.Granger.com for details and specifications!    Kip

gooey

seems to me,, if i reach back into a previous life,, one as a Porsche-Audi parts person,, a period ending in about 1984 or so,, there were some VERY similar mounts we used to mount radiators I believe,, these would be metric,, and if i remember right,, remember its been a long time,, they were found on Audi fox's and maybe 5000's .. also if i remember right,, they were a 903 series part number,, which may have indicated general hardware ...   anyone interested may want to follow up on this ... they should be pretty functional,, again,, IM working from memory here,, and that is a limited sucess deal for me !

Bob Garner

Quotequote:
I'm in the process of designing replacement muffler mounts.  These sandwich mounts will have the same geometry profile and attachment spec's as the OEM parts.
These mounts will be designed to within +/- 10% of the original shear and compression stiffness as well as improved thermal properties which reduce elastomer set and bond failure when subjected to random shock loads at elevated temperatures.  

I've spoken with Al Buehner regarding this issue, since he has been the primary source of NOS parts for my Penton.
I believe I'm in a unique position to help Penton owners(and others) source these essential components which were designed specifically for this off-highway application.

I'm asking for some feedback as to the percieved demand of such a part.  

Your feedback is appreciated.

Edited by - IYA0YAS on 03/06/2001  10:51:58 PM

Edited by - IYA0YAS on 03/06/2001  10:55:29 PM