68 Penton Stuff on Ebay

Started by desmond197, August 30, 2003, 05:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desmond197

I have been bidding on the 68 penton stuff on ebay. Just to let you all know. Thanks

jj

The high breather frame, short chain guard, kick stand, and open shocks lead me to believe that this bike is closer to a 69 then a 68. The V1308 serial is close enough, but there is that steel airbox mount, if only we could count the number of bolts holding on the sprocket. What does anyone else think?

John J Slivka
John J Slivka

OUCWBOY

I own a 69 with frame number V1251. I know it's a 69 due to the high breather frame. I then would assume that V1308 is also a true 69. Anyone see the top of the tank? If it has the silver vase team decal, it is a 69. Others would know more, but I don't think they put that decal on the 68's

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

desmond197

The bike looks like a 69 to me. I was looking to get a steel tanker as a project bike.

firstturn

68' stuff on eBay.  The frame falls in the serial numbers printed in the Forum(4/12/2003) to the specs of a 1968 Model(V001-V1359).  But I agree that the skid plate appears to be welded and the short steel chain guard(what it appears to be).  I know from first hand experience that I have had model year Pentons that didn't match the descriptions of these guidelines as printed on the above dates noted on the list  mentioned above.  I have helped Penton dealers change out and make upgrades on new bikes on the floor and already sold motorcycles.  I had three different sets of shocks on my very early first year 250 penton.  The point is we have had a listing made at the above date and need to stand by it or change it.  Again if we start splitting hairs on the year change for Pentons there will always be an exception.  I am only writting this to bring an end to the speculation on this motorcycles actual year model.  I plan on buying and/or bidding on several items based on my needs by seeing a picture of the items.  Thanks  to the Penton Owners Group for the space to write a reply.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

desmond197

I am not going to bid against fellow POGer's and start a bidding war on this stuff. I am going to look for a whole steel tanker. Here are my bids on the items that I am still winning. Go and bid on what you need.
Motor $127
Frame $75
Front Wheel $35
Rear Wheel $65

firstturn

desmond197 - I was addressing the year make of the motorcycle on eBay instead of any product that anyone cares to bid on, much less a "bidding war".  I have myself have not bid on items because I knew someone was completing a project.  If there was any misunderstanding of my response I hope this  clarifys the subject.  Resectfully

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rybo

Hi, I'm the guy selling this bike on ebay.  Looks like I've messed up again, it has that sticker on the top of the tank like I read about, so it appears that the bike is a 69.  I'm not going to relist the stuff now.  Oh well - sorry.

-Ryan