Runs out of

Started by deek, September 05, 2003, 03:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deek

Seems that I run out of gas, at full throttle,  125 Sachs engine. Lots of power before I reach top end. No fuel line restrictions, checked the float level, jets clear. Seems that the float bowl is sucked dry. Any ideas??

Dale

Edited by - deek on 09/05/2003  3:01:59 PM

Randy Kirkbride

deek,
Could your float needle be sticking?

Paul Danik

The petcock screen could be restricting the flow of fuel needed for full throttle running.  Remove the petcock from the tank and make sure it is not obstructed.  This has happened to me.
Paul

deek

Thanks Randy & Paul

Rechecked the float needle, loose as a Goose. Checked the petcocks, no obstructions. I reset the float, to stay open a little longer, no help there. I'll recheck the needle, maybe lower the keeper a notch. Thanks again.

Dale

Bob

Make sure your gas cap is venting and its vent is clear.

Edited by - Bob on 09/06/2003  1:06:34 PM

firstturn

Several thoughts(probably worth what you are paying for them).  First you didn't indicate any plug reading, and secondly have you checked to be sure you are not restricted as to the tank being properly vented.  Easy check just loosen the cap and check to see if it will open up (throttle wise that is).  Hope this is some help.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

Has this bike run fine before and is now giving you trouble, or is it a new creation?  What are you running for a main jet?  Should be around a 135-140-145. Is it a points ignition or motoplat?  Is your aircleaner an extreamly old foam filter?  
Just some thoughts!!!

deek

Thanks Bob, Ron & Paul, for the thoughts. Put a different gas cap on, no help. I didn't check the plug reading, should have and will. Main Jet is a #140, pre existing Paul, Motoplat and "OLD FOAM Filter", but freshly cleaned. Wonder if the choke could be the culpert.

Thanks again Guys.

Dale

generalbay

hope this helps.
d.duvall