Penton Shipping

Started by pablito356, September 11, 2003, 10:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pablito356

Hi all
I have a Penton in Republic, Washington, and this must to be shipped to Garland, in Texas, someone know a good shipper to do it?, I listened about Dyrt and Dune, and I think they ship without crate, any suggestion is an help for me and other POG member i hope
thanks, Paolo

paolo gandossi
paolo gandossi

OUCWBOY

Hey Paolo,
I have used dirt n dune and they don't crate the bike. It just goes into an enclosed trailer. Outstanding service!
Donny

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Big Mac

Easiest I've found is Forward Air's bike box (//www.forwardair.com). Roll it in, tie it down and lock it up, even throw in spares as needed. Recently sent a bike from Portland, OR to Indiana and was about $425.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

OUCWBOY

Hey big Mac!
I've used Forward Air too, but with DirtnDune, he picks up the bike and delivers door to door and much cheaper too! Just depends if you have a time factor or not!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

I have to agree with Donny on this one. Dirt 'N Dune quoted me $325.00 from Los Angeles to Houston.  Next was Forward Air.  If I have my own crate I use Forword Air.  Thanks Big Mac for the actual pricing on the crating and Shipping.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

SoCal996

I had heard Ron A. wasn't running Dirt and Dune any longer. Anyone know different?

Thanks,
Brian

OUCWBOY

Brian,
Last I heard it still was Ron, but he has gotten bigger and hired some helpers. There was a young lady that actually picked the last one up from me.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

rd400pi

I used Ron @DirtnDune last Spring and it worked well.  I just tried to contact him within the last week or so and I think he's out of business.  His email won't work and neither will his ph#.  Anybody have a line on a roll on/roll off service like Ron used to do?  A crate is not an option on this purchase.  Thanks.

Mike Husted (rd400pi)

OUCWBOY

Hello all!
I spoke with Ron at Dirt N Dune! He has gottten out of the business. He had hired a person to assist him, but, it still just got to be too much. It was taking 2 to 3 months for pick up and delivery. Sorry to have to report this. Dirt N Dune was the best and easiest to deal with.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Blue_Dog

What we really need is some retired military guy with a lot of spare Penton parts to start a delivery service and when he shows up with the delivery he can sell us all the parts for the bike to complete it the way we want it. Anyone know anyone like that?
B_D

OUCWBOY

With the price of fuel these day, that guy would have to be reited from 3 jobs just to pay for the gas! I really have thought about it, but I figure that a person would have to haul 12 bikes a month just to break even.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR