Kip Kern

Started by tmc3c, September 17, 2003, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Kip, I need to get your address to ship my motor to you.Thanks !

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Kip Kern

Sorry Thomas, I have been working on my Six Day Reunion machine.  Kip Kern, 7696E 100S, Marion, IN 46953.  765-668-8038

tmc3c

Thanks Kip, I will be in touch on Friday!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

LynnCamp

Kip,
If you are in Marion, then you are probably not to far from the Badlands in Attica.  Is there some decent riding there?  Is it inundated with ATVs on weekends?
Thanks!

Kip Kern

I can't honestly say,  I haven't been there as of yet.  We do most of our riding at a place called "Barney's"  he has been letting folks ride on his tracks for about 40 years.  Not far from Upland, IN

Mike Lenz

The Badlands is "BAD". Better bring a long travel bike there, its rough! All deep wooped sand. There are normally about 500 ATV's there on weekends!

[email protected]

I grew up about twenty miles from Attica,Ind.and there was no one interested in offroad riding (late 60's early 70's) didn't discover that til I moved to Terre Haute.I haven't lived in Indiana in thirty years, is there still a  group called Terre Haute Competition riders? I was a founding member of that group and help build both M/X tracks north of town. Any Hoosiers remember this? I rode a Maico for Lake's in West Terre Haute.Penton's were a rare sight but one showed up ocassionaly.

Kip Kern

I'am not sure of the rider but I feel I know that bike r e a l well!  Something about the frame being bent in the middle, the pipe being totally destroyed, the forks "shot" and the rest questionable.  And only having 3 months to totally restore it!

Kip Kern

Wow, no coffee yet.  The above belongs in the "guess the rider" contest!

Mick Milakovic

fblt1:  the competition riders no longer exist, sorry to say.  I've lived in Indiana all my life and now reside outside Lafayette.  I remember a guy named Brad Lake on a Maico that nobody could touch there.  I went to school at ISU and probably spent more time at the track and the strip mines riding than studying!

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

tmc3c

Kip, It could be that Bing Carb messing with your head !

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Kip Kern

Thomas
You aren't kidding there, I hate to admit it but a 28mm Bing did kick my butt!  Will get with you on the final jetting.

[email protected]

Mike I could touch Bradley the little snot nosed whelp,I graduated from ISU and got my masters from IU then moved to Chicago and eventually took root in Iowa.My sister lives in Otterbein,my aunt and uncle lived in Delphi til their deaths,little world.I was probably slightly before your time if Brad was real fast,do you remember the hill at Staunton?I saw a guy start a CT175 backwards and dump the clutch at full revs half way up that monster,was it you?lol

Mick Milakovic

fblt:  Not me on the CT1 (tho I used to own one)  I had a '75 cr360 Husky at the time.  Staunton and North 13th street were like Nirvana to me!

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

[email protected]

Mike I could touch Bradley the little snot nosed whelp,I graduated from ISU and got my masters from IU then moved to Chicago and eventually took root in Iowa.My sister lives in Otterbein,my aunt and uncle lived in Delphi til their deaths,little world.I was probably slightly before your time if Brad was real fast,do you remember the hill at Staunton?I saw a guy start a CT175 backwards and dump the clutch at full revs half way up that monster,was it you?lol