'76 mc 125 runs!

Started by penton117, September 29, 2003, 01:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penton117

After rebuilding the stock Bing (slide, float, needle and float valve) the bike would still load up and run terrible.  Installed a new Mikuni (it bolted right up with no mods) the thing runs perfectly!  Now it ikick starts and you can't load it up if you try.  Just an FYI.

Edited by - penton117 on 10/06/2003  1:30:17 PM

Steve Minor

Get in touch with POG member Thom Green (AKA Tomale). He just put a Mikuni on his 76 250 MC5.....I'm sure he can provide a wealth of knowledge.

Edited by - steve minor on 09/29/2003  2:33:18 PM
Steve Minor

john durrill

what bike are you looking at putting the mikuni on?
 if it a 125 Sachs , Phil Schloss did that on his sons bike two years ago and it worked out fine. you can run a search on our posts and find it or e-mail Phil and he can tell you what worked for him.
John D.

penton117

Hi John,
Yeah, I guess knowing what bike I am talking about would help, huh? It is a 1976 MC125 w/ KTM motor. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

tomale

Hey 117,
I am not sure if the 76' 125 is like mine but if is the mikuni will not just bolt on. what i did was to find another manifold and then. modify to fit. The bing fits over the manifold with a plastic sleeve between it and the carb. The mikuni is too small to do that even without the sleeve. What I did was to grind down the manifold. Also I need to shorten it inorder to allow enough room for carb to fit between the manifold and the air box. I think that I cut off about a half and inch. I opteted to find another manifold so that when the time comes to put the bike back to stock, I will still have as much of the original parts as possible. What I did to attach the mikuni to the modified manifold is to use a piece of rubber hose and hose clamps. Hope this helps.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W