Seat Replacement

Started by Mark Stout, March 18, 2001, 03:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Stout

Does anyone know a reliable source for seat replacements for Pentons?  I have a '73 Jackpiner that I am restoring and need (amongst a bunch of other things) a correct seat.  Somewhere along the journey, the original was lost.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks, from an enthusiastic new POG member.

'73 Jackpiner (restoration almost finished) Plano, TX
\\\'73 Jackpiner 175(working on restoration) Plano, TX

Tony Price

Hi Mark,

We're neighbors, I'm in Wylie.

[email protected]

Tony P
Tony

Mark Stout

Hey Tony:

Wylie is just up the road from me.  What bikes do you have in the stable?

'73 Jackpiner 175(working on restoration) Plano, TX

Tony Price

Mark,

The only Penton I currently have is 72 Piner that is in need of extensive restoration.  A wise and noble gent, and fellow poger, told me this weekend I need more perisistance in my approach.  I was goint to turn her in to a donor, but am rethinking that plan.  

My e-mail addy is in the earlier reply, shoot me an e-mail.  I have other makes and models as well, one of which is my recently adopted 74 Puch which I am becoming very attached to as the days go by.  Thanks Dougie!!!!

Tony P
Tony

Chris Brown

Mark,
RPM has the seat pan and brackets, both Larry and Al have covers with the screen print on them. The tough part is new foam. Perhaps an upholstery shop can make you one if your have your old one for a pattern.
I make my own covers as I have access to a good machine and some experience with industrial sewing.
Poor Tony got a Jackpiner without a seat!!

Also, these types of components come up for sale on ebay occasionally. There was just such an item sold recently.

We will want to see some pictures. You should join vinduro and post your photos.
Good luck, Chris

Tony Price

LOL Chris!

I lost more than my seat on that Piner!!!!!

Tony P
Tony

Mark Stout

Howdy Chris:

Thanks for the heads up about RPM and Larry and Al for the seat parts.  I will make some inquiries with them. I do have a dumb question regarding the seat foam: Couldn't I take a replacement seat pan and cover to an upholstery shop and have them create a correctly sized foam to fit it?  Please give me your opinion.

P.S. Where can I get more info on Vinduro?

Many thanks,
Mark

'73 Jackpiner 175(working on restoration) Plano, TX

Tony Price

Tony

Chris Brown

Mark,
You must be missing the entire seat. I'll bet you could get a competent shop to cut foam from a high density block, but you need to give them a shape to work from.
An electric knife, like our Mom's used way back when for roast, I understand will cut foam pretty good. I'm getting ready to re-do my seat, would you be interested in me using my old foam as a pattern to make you a new one?. Heck, for that matter, make myself a new one too.
Let me know..
Chris

Mike Lenz

Vintage Iron does show quality work, but they are not cheap! THey also have nice firm foam that alot of us ktm junkies are addicted to. I send them the pan and a cover and they do the rest. But I think it was a bit over $200.!

Don Roth