200 mm forks

Started by john durrill, November 05, 2003, 10:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Does anyone have  a set of 200 mm  35's for sale? the ones with the blade down the front of the fork legs
I have a set of the 75, 7 inch 35's to trade in very good shape. New springs and seals.
Looks like i may have to add some travel to my bike to keep rideing.
JOhn D.

firstturn

John,
  The ones you are describing are the aluminum?  It seems to me over the years I have had both aluminum and magnesium.  I've got to go over to VintageDirtBike today and I will mill around and see if he has anything in his Montesa/Ossa stuff.  Hope your doing better.[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Don Roth

John..
I have a set of 35mm Penton front forks, I will measure the
length, they are the type w/ blade, if you would like to try
them, let me know, I'll snap a pix, and we'll take it from there.
-don

metalkfab

John, I know of the forks your looking for,I've got a set on my 'Piner.The travel isn't much more than the round slider style Ceriani's,in fact,I've measured wheel travel on both styles and really can't find the difference.Please advise me of how your search goes and inform me about them. I think that the leading axle Ceriani's(with a stiffening rib) and leading axle Marzocchi's had a 15mm difference in travel (225mm vs.210mm).This info I picked up from the parts book.However the lit.for '76 Penton MC5's state the Ceriani's were 220mm travel and other lit. states that the Ceriani's were 210mm.Now my head hurts.

firstturn

John,
  Vintage Dirt sold ALL their front ends to one guy.  It was worth the visit.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

john durrill

Don , Yes i would like to see what you have.
 length from top of fork tripples to the center of the axel. would be good to know.
 Need a good set as this is my only bike and a rider.
 We already worked out a way to add 3 inches to the rear in travel last spring. just didnt think i would have to do it this soon , chuckle chuckle.
 are the forks you have center axle or leading axel?
can you email the pic's?
[email protected]
John D.

john durrill

karl , the only way i know to find the travel on forks is to pull the springs , then bottom the forks and thats the travel less about 1/2 inch.
 no much info on travel for the early to mid 70's bikes . at least that i can find. will let you know what i find out though.
john d.

Don Roth

John..
Measured from top of upper tube to middle of
the axel, worked out to ~84mm, I was in error on the
blade, it is only on the last few inches of the bottom of
forks,they are leading axel, silver in color. Dirty but
quite servicable.I will send some pix tonight.
-don

Don Roth

John..
Dern metric system, I meant 84 cm, 32 3/4 inches
sae don