ebay non paying bidders

Started by 400gs6, December 14, 2003, 10:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

400gs6

What do you folks think is an acceptable time to wait for your money when an item is sold? Am I being unreasonable to expect to be paid within a week? Is two weeks unacceptable?

Also on the flip side, when you buy an item what is considered an acceptable time for shipping?

Been selling on ebay for 4 yrs, 95% of all items sold have been paid within 4 days.

Thanks!
KURT FLACHBART

herman

I have been buying and selling for six years and the last two years people have been not shipping after recieving funds.I will pay with pay pal if they want and do it the same day and have waited up to tree weeks for some purchases.And have been burned by one person who said it was a piston kit complete with rings pin and clips what i got was a piston and a lot of excuses, never got my money back.Only had one person not pay and never did they e-mail and tell me why. Herm
Herm

Dwight Rudder

I try to pay ASAP myself and prefer to use PayPal because I can do it on computer and it is done. BUT , Sometimes I am on the road for a week and jump right on it when I am back. I hate to delay but sometimes I doubt I will win and I do. I do think that 2 weeks is a long time to wait. At least in that time they should be in contact and let you know when and if money has been sent. I do think that 7 days is long enough for contact. Even I can do that or warn the seller that if I get it , when I will return.
Cher'o,
Dwight

PS: I was burned twice on Ebay. Once was a ring that I sent money for to England with instructions to BOX and carefully package for shipping to the USA.  They sent the ring in an envelope. When I got the envelope the ring was gone through a hole in the corner. ( They sort envelopes with a sorting machine ) I figure the ring wound up on some post office floor. I only got half of my money back.
The other time was a HONDA SL125 Speedo and Tach. I paid but never recieved the merchandise. After 3 weeks and no response from seller I found out the check hadn't cleared and I canceled it. The Merchandise was $35 + SH. It cost me $25 to cancel check. But at least he didn't get my money.
I have had my share of damaged goods and bent handlebars and mismarked items. But in most cases the seller refuned my money promptly.

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Tom Gougeon

I check the seller's or buyer feedback history. If it's a little spotty, I just don't bid and when I sell, I request that the bidder email me before bidding if they have any negative feedbacks. If never been burned by a fellow POG'er, but did have a poorly packaged cylinder arrive so badly damaged that it was useless. The seller just blew me off. On the other hand, I bought a shock that was leaking and the seller refunded my money, no questions asked.
I guess it boils down to personal integrity. If you're a bit suspicious, don't bid.

imported_n/a

I bid on and won a '72 rear wheel with a DID rim from a seller that had a 100% positive feedback history.  My timing was bad, because his life fell apart, at least from what I was told, and he vanished from the face of the earth.  I never got my wheel.  All of my other E-Bay experience, either as a buyer or seller, has been fine.

Glenn

Rocket

I've had 3 bad Ebay experiences:
A set of 35mm forks off of a steel tanker, after I won the auction, guy was supposely in an motorcycle accident and couldn't get anything shipped, but he was able to cash my money order.  This guy was from Texas, Brooks Kemp Schertz, TX 78154.  After awhile no answer on phone and he disappeared.  I called local authorities from Schertz and they verified he had left the area.
Incident number 2 was a set of shocks from a guy in Pennsylvania, advertised good condition, no leaks.  They definately didn't leak, because all the oil was gone.  He said he would refund my money, sent shocks back to him and he refused delivery, came back to me with postage due.
Incident number 3 was an original front fender and mount for a steeltanker, turned out to be a plastic fender.  Sent back to seller and he said he never received it.  Learned a lesson from that one, if you use USPS, buy insurance and have delivery confirmation.
I must say that I have never had a problem with anybody associated with the POG site, must be people of high integrity that hang around this site!!:D
Rocket