1997 KTM Jack Piner 200

Started by ktmrider134, December 15, 2003, 01:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktmrider134

Anyone know what this bike is worth?

Tim
Tim

bkinnon

I have one that I bought in 2000 for $3500. I think that was a steal, as it came with all documentation, two sets of plastic, one unused original blue issue, and all of the trinkets that came with it new.. mugs, brief cases, shirts, hats etc.
I would not sell mine for any price, but I think it could still bring the $3500 or more. It is a rider, as it should be.. I have several Jackpiners in my garage, one of which I bought new in 1973. This seemed to be the logical next bike for me.
This doen't help you with determining a value, but it is my nickels worth.

Bill

'97 KTM Jackpiner 200LE
'80 KDX 250
'73 Jackpiner 175 (2)
'72 Jackpiner 175 original owner
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

ktmrider134

What shape was your 1997 in that you bought for $3500???

Quotequote:Originally posted by bkinnon

I have one that I bought in 2000 for $3500. I think that was a steal, as it came with all documentation, two sets of plastic, one unused original blue issue, and all of the trinkets that came with it new.. mugs, brief cases, shirts, hats etc.
I would not sell mine for any price, but I think it could still bring the $3500 or more. It is a rider, as it should be.. I have several Jackpiners in my garage, one of which I bought new in 1973. This seemed to be the logical next bike for me.
This doen't help you with determining a value, but it is my nickels worth.

Bill

'97 KTM Jackpiner 200LE
'80 KDX 250
'73 Jackpiner 175 (2)

Tim
Tim

ktmrider134

Is it true that they only made 200 of 1997 200 LE's? Are they numbered? If they are numbered how can you tell?

Tim
Tim

bkinnon

The bike was and is in excellent condition. It was and is a rider as I said before, but always cared for. I think they only made 139 of them, but I would have to check my files. It came with a signed certificate of origin... signed by John Penton, with the production number, as well as the VIN #. All of the other items..like the mugs and shirts etc. are still in the unopened original packages in the original box.

'97 KTM Jackpiner 200LE
'80 KDX 250
'73 Jackpiner 175 (2)
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

ktmrider134

If you could let me know on the certificate that would be great. Very curious how many were made. Thanks much!

Tim
Tim

generalbay

I have one that I bought new still in the box it came with a
certificate of authenticity that has vin & engine numbers
also a certificate number .I have number 5 of 133 made,the
price was 6723.00 plus tax. I also purchased the replacment
plastic & sticker kit and seat,ball park was around 1000.00
I put the original parts in the boxes that the replacments
came in and when i stop riding it i will put the originals.
The first time I raced it was an enduro in Upland,In. I have
been going to this race on and off since the early 1970s.
I hope that I have answered some of your questions.
D.Duvall

ktmrider134

Thanks for the info, looks like they made 133 of them. What do you think they are worth now? I would think one with all the documents and mint condition has got to be worth $5,000. Sound to high?

Tim
Tim

generalbay

I don't think I will ever sell mine.
I guess the value depends on the individual
how much they are willing to pay. The guy that only
paid 3500.00 got a real deal.
D.Duvall

CYCLEXPS

I would think it's worth at least that much but I just had mine on ebay and the bidding didn't go over 2k. I don't have all the goodies you do but I thought therw would have been more interest.

generalbay

I seen it on ebay and was surprised to see that the bidding was so low .  
D.Duvall

ktmrider134

Cyclexps: Did you have all the documents when selling on EBAY. What shape is the bike in? Just curious

Tim
Tim

jdsenduro

I have a 1997 200excle Jackpiner, Number 83 of 133 (133 were made).  I am the original owner and will probably never sell it.  I would buy another one tomorrow should it become available!

jds
jds