1997 Jack Piner 200 LE #1 of 133

Started by ktmrider134, December 17, 2003, 11:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktmrider134

Just bought a 1997 Jack Piner and its #1 of 133:D. Its in great shape, less than 100 miles and spotless and totally stock. Paid top dollar for it. I have all the paperwork except a 1997 brochure. Does anyone know if KTM sells them or has them available?

Tim
Tim

generalbay

The only promotional paper that I ever saw was an article in "KTM
UNDERGROUND".I could try and copy it and mail or fax to you.I might have a short article in one of the dirt bike magazines,it has been so long I will have to check.
D.Duvall

ktmrider134

Thanks. my email is:  [email protected]

Let me know if you find anything out.

Tim
Tim

generalbay

Tim I do have a september 1997 issue of DIRT BIKE that has a cover
shot and very small article about the 1997 Jackpiner,and a 1997 copy
of KTM UNDERGROUND with a one page story.
D.Duvall

pentons4evr

I would be interested in a issue with the aniversary bike also if any
one has one

Bob Gilman

Tim,  I have one of the 200LE's    #97 of 133. Also, I have one of the 125LE's, which only 5 were made.Both brand new, never ridden and in my living room. There are articles in 1997 August and Sept.  issue of Trail Rider magazine. You might be able to write Paul Clipper at the following e-mail address:          [email protected] or check out the website at //www.trailrider.com        He might have some back issues. Good Luck. Hope this helps. Bob

generalbay

I can try to scan what I have and e-mail them to you guys or you can
give me you address and I will mail.
D.Duvall

ktmrider134

Bob thats awesome! I had no idea only 5 of the green ones were made! I was really luckly to get my #1, esspecially in the shape it was in. I think I am going through a mid life crisis, I am 41 and I raced motocross for about 10 years (got banged up several times and my girlfriend said NO MORE) she wears the pants!, then sold everything when I got married. Now that my 2 boys are teenagers we started riding dirt bikes about a year ago. After going 15 years without a dirt bike, I now have an 03 KTM 450 EXC, an 03 KTM 200 EXC, a GASGAS 300 Enduro and the 97 Jack Piner. The garage is full and I am back to riding!

Tim
Tim

Bob Gilman

Tim,All you need now is a vintage Penton to complete your collection.Something to pass on to your children to keep the Penton motorcycle alive thru the next generation.Also you might want to get into Vintage racing,its getting bigger every year.Have fun,Bob