May be not so new, but

Started by bulletbill, January 10, 2004, 10:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulletbill

[8D]Well, I have been a lurker for a while, and the other day I dug out from under one of my benches my old '75 Berkshire, it been there for 20+ years. So I have decided to attempt it's return to some kind of running status?? First I need to get the front end back together. So I have cleaned the 35mmm Marzocchi forks, but I can't remember how much fork oil to put in them... Secondly will the old Honda seals (91255-292-003) work??? I feel sure that all this info is someplace on the web, but I didn't find it??? Can someone help me out!

rob w

Hi Bulletbill. Welcome, always great to hear another one's coming back to life. The Marzocchi's (leading axle, goldish color, came out on 76's) oil amount is apx. 260cc in each leg. I don't think a Bershire ever used those forks though. A 75 Bershire would have had Ceriani forks, (in-line axle, polished alum.) those require apx. 200cc. Hope I'm helping, I'd like to hear more about it. Thanks

Bob

bulletbill

Rob, thanks for the info on the fork oil capacity.. Yes the forks are 35mm marzocchi. Which came from my '73 Berkshire.. They were available as accessories out of your HiPoint catalog.. Worked great and help this old man do better..

rob w

Hi Bulletbill. Welcome, always great to hear another one's coming back to life. The Marzocchi's (leading axle, goldish color, came out on 76's) oil amount is apx. 260cc in each leg. I don't think a Bershire ever used those forks though. A 75 Bershire would have had Ceriani forks, (in-line axle, polished alum.) those require apx. 200cc. Hope I'm helping, I'd like to hear more about it. Thanks

Bob

bulletbill

Rob, thanks for the info on the fork oil capacity.. Yes the forks are 35mm marzocchi. Which came from my '73 Berkshire.. They were available as accessories out of your HiPoint catalog.. Worked great and help this old man do better..

imported_n/a

bullet bill
   welcome to POG land! home of the most sincere and helpful enthusiasts you will ever know. check out Paul Danik`s post about Penton Day at the AMA. but first things first, International Motorcycle Show at Cleveland`s IX Center Jan 30-Feb 1. an excellent show!

tomale

Hmm, I did not know that you could get the marzoccihi's for a berkshire? I just checked my book for my bike ( same forks) and that is what I have been running in them. (260cc) As for the honda seals. It seems to me that way back when parts were harder to find I put a set of seals off a honda 305 but I would make sure. check them to see if they fit in the fork tubes and then on the sliders. They should slide on the sliders but not without help. the fork tubes they should fit nice and tight but not so tight that you have to use a big hammer it get them to seat. The other thing is that I just replaced my here a few months ago and there was two seals per leg. so see if you have enough to do the job right. Check out Al B. he really knows his stuff and is a big help.  Good luck with the project.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W