Sachs engine ID

Started by Ossaman, January 14, 2004, 09:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ossaman

I have a 125 Sachs engine, which I believe is a 72 year of manufacture. The engine # is 6997314 and 125 76a under that.
  Does anyone know if this is the correct year??
                                Thanks, Ossaman

wjc
wjc

firstturn

wjc,
That is a 1972 125 Sachs engine for a early year model.  I have one that is manufactured before your that is in a '72 Penton.  The 76a  is actually a /6a.  You have a 6speed "A" motor.
One question - does the cylinder have full fins, or they  cut away on the ignition side?
Another thing is the side cover you are reading this number off of could have been changed.
Generally speaking if it has 6 speeds you have a "A" or "B" engine.  And I hope if the cover is correct for that specific engine it came in a 1972 Six Day Penton.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Ossaman

Quotequote:Originally posted by firstturn

wjc,
That is a 1972 125 Sachs engine for a early year model.  I have one that is manufactured before your that is in a '72 Penton.  The 76a  is actually a /6a.  You have a 6speed "A" motor.
One question - does the cylinder have full fins, or they  cut away on the ignition side?
Another thing is the side cover you are reading this number off of could have been changed.
Generally speaking if it has 6 speeds you have a "A" or "B" engine.  And I hope if the cover is correct for that specific engine it came in a 1972 Six Day Penton.

Ron Carbaugh

wjc
wjc

Ossaman

Quotequote:Originally posted by Ossaman

I have a 125 Sachs engine, which I believe is a 72 year of manufacture. The engine # is 6997314 and 125 76a under that.
  Does anyone know if this is the correct year??
                                Thanks, Ossaman

wjc
Thanks for the info and help Ron, and yes the frame is a 72 Penton Six Day #20152538.

wjc
wjc

firstturn

That's a early '72.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

crash carden

Hello Ossaman and welcome to POG.It seems like we may have met over a cup of coffee at Forrest Gummp's Husky shop.This guy called himself Ossaman,rode Huskys,and hung out with a guy that collected old Pentons.I kind of felt sorry for him.But thats ok I know a guy who's last name is Ford,works for Chrysler, and drives a Chevy.So your not alone out there. You must have some new iron? Well one thing about it, whether you have an A motor or B motor,your just going to have to live with it! Good luck on your new Penton project.PS I got the results of the Winter Burr,Ossaman swept the whole thing.Sorry I missed that event,but I was out on the south flats testing Koni shocks for Team Penton.Maybe we'll meet up again.I'll be at Mid-Ohio all three days,hope to see you there.Crash Carden,Team Penton!