1975 Pentons

Started by Knute, February 02, 2004, 11:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knute

Hey Folks,

I'm diligently working away on my presentation for the AMA POG meeting "The Evolution of the KTM-Powered Pentons" and I've come up with a few questions along the way.  While I've been able to find and study plenty of late '74 Pentons (410, 411, 412)and some late '75 Orange GS Pentons (510, 511, 512), I'm not finding any frame numbers from January '75 (501) through September '75 (509)[:0]  What am I missing?  I've studied the old Penton registry and quite a few collections and I'm not finding them:(  Do any of you have a 175, 250, or 400 from this period?

Thanks,
Kent Knudson
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

rdrnr

Kent,
    I have a frame with the numbers 50584323 with nothing in it.  Are you doing these years because of the lay down shocks?  If so I have a 40473374 with the lay down shocks,  it is a 250.  
    James from MO

farmer58za

Hi Kent
Would it be possible that those numbers ended up in other parts of the world?
David in SA
Regards

David

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by farmer58za

Hi Kent
Would it be possible that those numbers ended up in other parts of the world?
David in SA

Hello African David.Penton-KTMs went around the globe.
But for Africa they where paintet black,....:)[}:)]
Speedy------->>>>>
BTW,...how is your WIFE and my GIRLFRIEND doing????

Helmut Clasen
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com

AndyL

Kent,
I have a Jackpiner with the frame number 504 and engine number 5-527892.  It has the laydown shock mounts.  It is still in pretty rough cosmetic shape (got it from the trash hauler) but it runs now.

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Knute

Hey All,

Thanks for the replies.

James, well at least we know they made a 505!  Thanks for checking.  Your 404 is the first month for the lay down shocks.

David, that's what I was (still am) wondering.  The European bikes did have some subtle differences so they might have set up the assembly line for them for several months.  Another possibility, which is less likely and I hope did not happen, would be that an excess of frames were made and dated before assembly and then used in 1975.

Andy, did I see a picture of your Jackpiner in the Vinduro photo section?  The 504 date would be a great example of what I am looking for.  If possible, could you e-mail me some pics? [email protected]

If anyone else has a frame number in the 501 - 509 range please let me know.

Thanks again!
Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

Rocket

My 75 JP frame #41078430 and the 74 250 is #40473031 w/laydown shocks.
Rocket

Randy Kirkbride

Kent,
My 75 250 Enduro has a frame #54 505 84124
Has oval tube frame / lay down shocks.
Also Red tank.

AndyL

Kent,
Yes, I did have a picture of the Jackpiner at Vinduro, but it is gone now after the cleanup.

I have a bunch of pics.  You want general exterior or detail in some areas.  I have a few pics of the blue paint marks on the clutch and gears.  Look to be from the factory.

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Knute

Rocket and Randy,

Rocket, thanks for the frame #'s.  The 404 bikes are the earliest examples of the new frame.  

Randy, thanks for the frame #'s.  I would love to see some pictures of your 505 bike.  I'll e-mail you with some more questions.

Looking forward to seeing both of you at the meeting!
Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

farmer58za

Kent
My '75 400 KTM has a #506 frame
Regards
David
Regards