Where are the Pentons?

Started by imported_n/a, February 05, 2004, 11:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

I just reviewed the results from the opening National MX at Wittmann, Arizona, last Sunday.  I wish to congratulate the Penton riders who finished, all two of you.  Yes, Arizona is pretty far from Ohio, but where are the Penton racers?  

Understanding that it's hard to get away and travel, and Nationals are a big deal, but how many of you anticipate racing in one or more of the National series?  

As a part of the Penton Future Project, my feeling is that interest in Pentons, in part, needs to be perpetuated and generated through local and National racing.

I'm going to be at Casey, IL, and Portland, MI, as well as Regionals.  Who's racing this year?

Glenn

Dennis Jones

Glenn,

My brother and I plan to hit the Cross Country and Trials pretty hard, hopefully a few MX also.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

penton117

Glen,

Where did you see the Arizona results? I delivered one of my Pentons out there to a guy who planned to race it that weekend. I was wondering if he was one of the two Penton riders.

imported_n/a

I visited the AHRMA site for the National results.  I can't get into the site now, it's either too busy or down.  I was kind of surprised they were posted so fast.

I'm sorry if I seem a little angry about this, but seeing all of those CZs and Huskys in the listings was making me ill!  

Let's ride 'em, not hide 'em!

Glenn

weflyu

Feb 1, 2004 AMA District 37, Big Six Grand Prix at Taft California. 2 Pentons entered in the vintage event. My 250 and a 125 The 125 finished and I pulled out due to blown fork seals. Next race is March 7 in Glen Helen Ca. Whish I could find a 100 enduro ready for my kid. He would ride it instead of his honda 100.

Swampy

I for one plan on being at the AHRMA southeast regional MX in Dade City Florida on my MC5!

Get 'em out there gentlemen!

Swampy
You ain\\\'t ridin\\\' if the wheel\\\'s ain\\\'t turnin\\\'

kds449

hi, i plan on racing the daytona nats, and all the eastern nats. also the great lakes regs. i have a 74 penton 250, a 77 penton 250, a 77 penton 400 and a 73 honda elsinore 250. hope to see you guys there.  keith

JNOYES

My son Eric Noyes raced a '77 MC5 250 in the Historic class and Open and won all 4 motos he was in.  He is an intermediate rider (soon to be expert).  This is his second year of racing.  He also raced in vintage on an Elsinore, winning the first moto in each of two classes.  Alas, a crash took him out of the final motos.  I'd like to get him a vintage Penton to race, but he loves the Elsinore (go figure).  There were a few Pentons racing on Saturday and Sunday. I don't know how they did.  I pulled a head gasket off our spare motor (the only gasket I had) and gave it to a gentleman from Indiana (I think) so that he could race on Sunday.  I don't know his name or how he finished, but it was great to be able to get him going.  I know there were more Pentons last year.  It would be great to put faces with the names I see here all the time.  Some of you guys should get together and come out next year.  Let me know if I can help with making it happen.

Jon Noyes

JNOYES

I just looked at the results from Arizona.  They don't show post vintage at all.

Jon Noyes

imported_n/a

Dennis, it's great to hear you're going to be out there.  Let us know how your events go.

Mr. weflyu, best of luck out there.  Spread the word that Pentons are alive and quite well.  

Hey, Poggers, does anybody have an enduro-ready
100 Berkshire they want to sell this gentleman?

Bob, you've got a great line-up of races.  I'll see you in June.  Are you riding vintage on your 400 and post-vintage on that MC-5?

Swampy, go out there and show your Penton pride!

Keith, other than your illegitimate offspring Honda, you have a fine Penton stable.  Good luck out there!

Jon, thanks for the results on the PV.  You must be very proud of your son.  The next generation of Penton riders is critical to the survival and/or advancement of the Penton marque.

Thanks to all who replied.  May 2004 be our best year yet.

Glenn

imported_n/a

Glenn,

There were a couple of Pentons on Saturday, but I only saw 1 on Sunday.  I raced my MaBSA.  Sorry...

George

Mick Milakovic

Glenn and all,
Hopefully this year will go differently than last year.  I ran out of moo-lah, and the family comes first!  Anyway, here's my plans:

April 18 - Marion, IL national CC
May 31 - Coldwqter, MI regional MX
June 11-13 - Casey, IL nationals
July 17-18 - Mid Ohio
August 1 - Battle Creek, MI regional MX
      14 - Walnut, IL national CC
   28-29 - Portland nationals
October 17 - Casey, IL national CC
   30-31 - Hopkinsville, KY nationals
November 13-14 - Tallassee, AL nationals
     TBA - Akron, IN regional MX

I plan on being at all the regional races because my kids can also participate.  I understand AHRMA's vested interest in not having kids' classes, but it sure would be great if they did it anyway.  The rest of the schedule, realistically, if I make half of them I'll be very happy.  Good luck to all this season, and safe racing!

Mick

brokenb23

Glen,
 Presently working on 125 for next season.That will make 3 of us. Watch out Arizona.
Bob