Who recovers seats?

Started by El-Viejo, February 06, 2004, 08:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El-Viejo

I have an 82 GS-250.  Does anyone know where I can buy a new seat cover or get the seat re-done?

Thanks,

Oscar
Cincinnati
Age is a tate of mind and an affliction of the body.

Doug Wilford

Call Al Buehner he has covers, look in parts suppliers for phone number

rdrnr

Oscar,
  If Al does not have a cover for it, let me know.  I can make one for you.  James from MO

tmc3c

I have been in contact with a guy that looks to do pretty good work and that is at //www.ricksupholstery.net and his prices seem good to. Has anyone used this company?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Steve Minor

I've used him.....His name is Rick Ticknor and his shop is in The Dalles, OR.....What impressed me was his turn around time...I think it was about a week. I was pleased with his work.
Steve Minor

dirtbike

I have had contact with him too!
I was somewhat surprised because he had a very nice manner. I wouldn't hesitate a second to deal with him. Very nice pictures on his site too.

El-Viejo

Thanks All,

I think Ricky is the guy on eBay (alias "ricky_1").  I was apprehensive about him after I read the details in his negative feedback.  I will start with Al and go down the list.

herman

I just got my two seats back from Ricks and he did a very good job.He charged me 120.00 for covers and labor and shipping.It took him eight days.Very happy with his work. Herm
Herm

dirtbike

Viejo..
You must have read his feedback pretty one eyed. He's feedback is as good as anything could be in real life. Anyone can be away a couple of days, sick or just have ones car at the shop.
I recently sold a set of winter spike tires here in sweden. I where overly clear towards everybody that phoned. I sell them to the first guy that pickes them up. Yet a guy that called again some two days later where very angry and said, ahh..that's the way to do business.
Some people can be a pain, even customers and one has to judge the positive against the negative. I'd say that those negative feedbacks is in minority to say the very least...

tmc3c

I will have my seat done by Rick, if he is good enough for Steve Minor he is good enough for me too!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Steve Minor

I'm very pleased with the job Rick did for me but remember, my bike is a rider. He did a great job but it isn't museum quality. I have some pictures of mine that I'd be glad to email if anyone wants to see his work before they commit. My opinion, for what it's worth, is "thumbs up".

Steve
Steve Minor

rdrnr

I don't know Rick but I have done upholstery for 22 years and can support the idea that it is hard to please everyone all the time.   I have had the opportunity to work on many types of seats and they are all different.  I am still working on getting the "Wassel" seat down pat for Dennis.  If anyone is interested in specifics, I would be happy to email pictures of seats with printing and without that I've done.  
James from MO

El-Viejo

Off to Ricky it is...I'm not looking for museum quality, just a good job.  Most of allI want to make sure I gt my seat back. :)