Caution regarding Forums, Privacy & Search Engines

Started by LynnCamp, February 18, 2004, 07:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynnCamp

Just a word of caution...
If you're a Forum regular and you use your real name in your forum posts, you are likely to now rank high in Google rankings.  This may be good (if you are the lost nephew of an uncle that left you an inheritance) or it could be bad if you would rather remain anonymous.

This change in search engine criteria is an effort to include a lot more 'authority' sites that were previously not included in search results.  The change has only been partially implemented, but Google's intention is to roll the change out webwide...

The plus side is that this will be very good for people searching for information on Penton, as the POG site will come up as an even stronger resource.

Google includes the Yahoo posts, so someone should cascade this alert to the Vinduro Group if they don't already know.

Mick Milakovic

Lynn, you bring up a good point.  I know that I, for one, delete every e-mail message I get from a source I don't know.  Google's outreach is only good business from their point of view, but remaining cautious could be another.

Mick

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by LynnCamp

Just a word of caution...
If you're a Forum regular and you use your real name in your forum posts, you are likely to now rank high in Google rankings.  This may be good (if you are the lost nephew of an uncle that left you an inheritance) or it could be bad if you would rather remain anonymous.

This change in search engine criteria is an effort to include a lot more 'authority' sites that were previously not included in search results.  The change has only been partially implemented, but Google's intention is to roll the change out webwide...

The plus side is that this will be very good for people searching for information on Penton, as the POG site will come up as an even stronger resource.

Google includes the Yahoo posts, so someone should cascade this alert to the Vinduro Group if they don't already know.

Now you guys and girls understand why some people call them LYNN BABY or SWEETY SPEEDY,..on the internet.
Its all precaution,...So.
Speedy (for man only)Sweedy Speedy for (Girls):D[}:)]:D

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03