Cutler, Vincent & Latham at Jim Hoellerich's Sat.

Started by LynnCamp, February 19, 2004, 09:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynnCamp

Ran across this post -- for y'all in the NorthEast .. looks like Jim Hoellerich (hosted the 2003 ISDTRR near Dalton, MA) is hosting an event this Sat. Feb 21:

"For anyone that may be interested. There will be a gathering at Jim
Hoellerich's farm/museum this Saturday, Feb 21 in tribute to the 1973
Ossa Six Day Replica model.  The original Ossa/Yankee team members
Don Cutler, Charlie Vincent and Dave Latham will be on hand to talk
about the ISDT in 73' and experiences with Yankee Motors and the SDR.
Anyone owning an SDR is asked to bring their bike(s) as we will do a
photo shoot of the SDR lineup at 3:00pm and another photo of Dave,
Don and Charlie just like the ossa poster they posed for in 1973.
There may be an SDR or two for sale at this event, for those looking.
At 6:00pm we will be going to a local restaurant near Cheshire for
cocktails and dinner.  Bring your wife, bring your SDR, bring yourself
guaranteed good old fashioned vintage dirt bike fun!!!!"....

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by LynnCamp

Ran across this post -- for y'all in the NorthEast .. looks like Jim Hoellerich (hosted the 2003 ISDTRR near Dalton, MA) is hosting an event this Sat. Feb 21:

"For anyone that may be interested. There will be a gathering at Jim
Hoellerich's farm/museum this Saturday, Feb 21 in tribute to the 1973
Ossa Six Day Replica model.  The original Ossa/Yankee team members
Don Cutler, Charlie Vincent and Dave Latham will be on hand to talk
about the ISDT in 73' and experiences with Yankee Motors and the SDR.
Anyone owning an SDR is asked to bring their bike(s) as we will do a
photo shoot of the SDR lineup at 3:00pm and another photo of Dave,
Don and Charlie just like the ossa poster they posed for in 1973.
There may be an SDR or two for sale at this event, for those looking.
At 6:00pm we will be going to a local restaurant near Cheshire for
cocktails and dinner.  Bring your wife, bring your SDR, bring yourself
guaranteed good old fashioned vintage dirt bike fun!!!!"....

Huuuuuu huuu crey,....and SPEEDY,...the creator of the WORLD famous OSSA SDR,....can not be with his OSSA friends.(Swamped with work and a foot insured Wife who needs my help for a few days.)
Grrrrrrrrr,...pain,....(in WIFES foot and in SPEEDYs soul)
Creator you ask???YES.Speedy created in 1970-71 the very first WHITE OSSA PIONEER,to be used in the 1971 ISDT in the ISLE of MAN.In 1973 OSSA put this ISDT REPLICA onto the market.Called SDR.(SIX DAY REPLICA)More of the story later.
Cheers,Speedy----->>>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

LynnCamp

I hear that you are always stepping on people's toes, and putting your foot in your mouth, but I thought your wife would be immune to that by now....[}:)] just kidding, Sweety Speedy....

I was very neglectful in not mentioning the connection between you and the Ossa SDR.  Hope you will have time to tell us the story sometime.  Your website has a little info on it, but it would be great to hear what went on behind the scenes.

Here's a link to a picture of the bike on the website advertising Jim's Ossa SDR reunion:  http://www.rec.us/ossa_sdr_reunion.html.  I couldn't find a picture of you on the bike at the Isle of Man winning that Gold.

Speaking of putting foot in mouth.... am I allowed to talk about Ossa here???

Doug Wilford

Lynn, You are just fine talking about Ossas here.    I think all Penton loyalists have had affairs with other brands at times and to speak about them is all part of our history.   Sweet Speedys missus as he says, is a super nice woman as you would gather to put up with him.   Her name is Hannelore and she knows how to put the brakes on Speedy.

LynnCamp

Glad you feel that way Doug.  Competition is always good for business and the more interest that is generated by all of the vintage machines, the stronger we will become (Penton Rules!!!).

Regarding Hanellore, I am very much looking forward to meeting her.  In fact, I thought I would discuss the fact that – if Helmut can invest in antique motorcycles, she should be able to invest in some antique oriental rugs to put on those brand new hardwood floors!  (o.k... I can hear all of the groans of disapproval out there (Ron-did I mess up?).....)

Speaking of wives.  I spent the annual meeting lunch chatting with Barb Weisman.  She was sooooo nice and very interesting to listen to as she shared the marketing side of the Penton business.  If you get a chance, please tell her how much I enjoyed her company at the meeting.

firstturn

Ms Lynn,
  I have already met my Match soooo since you bring up other brands (and you started it) I just bought a Husky that is REALLY texas street legal(a first - legal that is - for me) and another POG member held a gun on me and made me buy a RM250 Suzuki, but I didn't put up much resistance.  But I will counter that I also bought a Penton(Kenny Roberts) flat tracker.
       PENTON DOES RULE
How did I do Lynn?????

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

LynnCamp

firstturn

Ms Lynn,
  Mi'am that is Roger DeCoster.[:o)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

LynnCamp

O.K. Ron, (other than Thom's ultimate "The Man"), you are TECHNICALLY correct, Roger (gag me Suzuki) is "The Man".   So... you can chalk up a win as a "Technical Round", however ..... I would argue that you are still "our Man!!!"

Speedy

O.K. Ron, (other than Thom's ultimate "The Man"), you are TECHNICALLY correct, Roger (gag me Suzuki) is "The Man".   So... you can chalk up a win as a "Technical Round", however ..... I would argue that you are still "our Man!!!"
Whats going on here with THE MAN???Next step is MY MAN?????
Getting pretty jelouis here,..Speedy----------->>>>>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

firstturn

Lynn,
  But we can't leave Speedy out.  Speedy has to an Official Title.  Besides charming beautiful women it has been rumoured that he has taught many that he is De Man on motorcycles.
SCORE:
Lynn: 1 1/2
Karen:1
Ron:  1/2TK
And it is all your fault that I bought a Suzuki.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by firstturn

Lynn,
  But we can't leave Speedy out.  Speedy has to an Official Title.  Besides charming beautiful women it has been rumoured that he has taught many that he is De Man on motorcycles.
SCORE:
Lynn: 1 1/2
Karen:1
Ron:  1/2TK
And it is all your fault that I bought a Suzuki.

Ron Carbaugh

Its getting better by the day.SUZUKI????Did I hear that name before somewhere?????:D[}:)]:DSpeedy------>>>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

LynnCamp

Pa-leeze Ron...  I already have my three girls, my husband, my dogs and my mother blaming everything on me...  Your digression to Suzuki has just got to be the Blendzall fumes.  The POGers just need to get together and do an intervention -- an exorsism -- and get you back on track.  

As far as keeping score... don't forget Connie Del Solar (whom I had the pleasure of chatting with for a very long time at Mungenast's museum this weekend).  I figure Connie has 5 points (that's cuz 5 women won the majority of prizes that Paul Danik handed out at the annual meeting).  But just to set the record straight... Connie did NOT stuff the ballot box... it was strictly good Karma.

Rob -- I'm with you.... what's the deal with the Flat Tracker -- what is a Kenny Robert Penton Flat Tracker?  Me thinks you're pulling my leg???? or is it for real?

LynnCamp

Ron, regarding Helmut's "Title"... That's a tough one.  We know that he is "the Isle of Man man", with his Gold in 1971, but I think he was riding the wrong (gagmeOssa) bike.  And it looks like the Penton guys were doing awfully good there at the 1971 ISDT:
Jack Penton...Penton...(0, 146.1)...Gold
Gene Cannady...Penton...(0, 292.5)...Gold
Tom Penton...Penton...(0, 163.3)...Gold
Lars Larsson...Penton...(0, 345.0)...Gold
Dane Leimbach(112)...Penton...(0, 64.1)...Gold
Dave Mungenast...Penton 125...(0, 543.0)...Gold
Mike Lewis...125 Penton...(10, 446.3)...Silver

As you mentioned, Helmut has certainly charmed many beautiful women and also some homely women like me.  I guess I will have to defer to people that know him better for an appropriate title (for me, I think he will always be incurably/insanably "Sweetie Speedy").  But it would be interesting to know how the "Speedy" moniker came about ...

Speedy

Ron, regarding Helmut's "Title"... That's a tough one.  We know that he is "the Isle of Man man", with his Gold in 1971, but I think he was riding the wrong (gagmeOssa) bike.  And it looks like the Penton guys were doing awfully good there at the 1971 ISDT:
Jack Penton...Penton...(0, 146.1)...Gold
Gene Cannady...Penton...(0, 292.5)...Gold
Tom Penton...Penton...(0, 163.3)...Gold
Lars Larsson...Penton...(0, 345.0)...Gold
Dane Leimbach(112)...Penton...(0, 64.1)...Gold
Dave Mungenast...Penton 125...(0, 543.0)...Gold
Mike Lewis...125 Penton...(10, 446.3)...Silver

As you mentioned, Helmut has certainly charmed many beautiful women and also some homely women like me.  I guess I will have to defer to people that know him better for an appropriate title (for me, I think he will always be incurably/insanably "Sweetie Speedy").  But it would be interesting to know how the "Speedy" moniker came about ...

Because I got 5 Speeding tickets in one day in Germany when I was about 19 years old,after that new WORLD record in SPEEDING,I had my name for good.
MY lifestyle is fast,quick,speedy,(NO LYNNBABY,...not in absolute everything)but in most ways.Cheers Speedy--------->>>>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02