looking for Clutch cover on 75 250

Started by weflyu, March 07, 2004, 08:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weflyu

Raced my 250 for the first time on this Sunday at a Vintage Grand Prix in San Bernadino Ca. Bike ran great but I put a small hole with the shifter in the clutch cover. It leaks some and I know I can get it welded but I would like to find an undamaged one as a spare. Checked Ebay with negative results, will call Mr. Al tomorrow and see if he knows of one. The bike is in restored condition and drew lots of stares and positive coments from people who forgot that Pentons even existed on the left coast.

Mark Smith
75 Penton 250
04 CRFX Honda 250

vmx1963

Mark - this was recently offered on eBay.  You could contact the seller to see if he'll do a deal.  I was going to bid on it but had already bought one and my wife's humour wouldn't extent to having two :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=34284&item=2463178094&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

VMX1963
Western Australia
VMX KTM

Speedy

QuoteOriginally posted by vmx1963

Mark - this was recently offered on eBay.  You could contact the seller to see if he'll do a deal.  I was going to bid on it but had already bought one and my wife's humour wouldn't extent to having two :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=34284&item=2463178094&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

VMX1963
Western Australia
VMX KTM
[/quote

What is the parts number inside the clutchcover?Speedy------>>>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

weflyu

Thanks for the info, left email for the guy at ebay and the part number for my clutch cover is 5130001110. looks like I did not put the hole in it, it was in from a prior owner and sealed with tank seal on the inside of the cover.

Mark Smith
75 penton 250
04 honda crfx 250

Edd 44k

Mark,
  Are you still interested in a set of forks?  Bad and good news. The bad news - the set I have doesn't have springs. Have to check my other garage they may be there. The good news - the forks look pretty good cosmetically. Need to know, do you have bearing races in your frame? the forks have the outer races. Do you still need that 250 clutch cover? wheel?

Lot of Penton parts for sale.  Inquire via email.

Edd 44k

Mark,
  Are you still interested in a set of forks?  Bad and good news. The bad news - the set I have doesn't have springs. Have to check my other garage they may be there. The good news - the forks look pretty good cosmetically. Need to know, do you have bearing races in your frame? the forks have the outer races. Do you still need that 250 clutch cover? wheel?