Enviotrade.com Info

Started by Lew Mayer, March 27, 2004, 10:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew Mayer

I know there's a lot of guys in this group with more experience than me, so I thought I'd check if any of you have had dealings with a group called Enviotrade.com. It's an escrow group for(in this case)the purchase of a BMW. You start an account with them, you send them the money for the purchase of your item, the seller ships you the product, you have an agreed on time for inspection and acceptance of merchandise, then they release the money to the seller on your OK of item. Any of you guys heard of them before,good or bad? Don't want to get burned here.

Lewis A Mayer
Lew Mayer

jackpinejim

Lew, If nobody comes forward with info about Enviotrade I would check with the Better Busness Bureau. Good luck with your transaction.
                                    Jim just Poggering along.

James

Lew, someone mentioned on another board a few months back someone similar. The company mentioned there was on e-bay for a while and was not good news. I would reccomend checking the BBB as well. I think you have a good step posting here and asking the question too.
  James

I have bike parts in the kitchen cabinets where most people have dishes..
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

OUCWBOY

Lew,
I have never used an escrow company on either side of the buy/sell issue, however, I did hear that //www.escrow.com was a good company to use. I don't know for sure, but it's something I heard.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Lew Mayer

Thanks guys. So far,I've checked with BBB in US and Canada and no results came up on a search. Any and all info is appreciated.

Lewis A Mayer
Lew Mayer

mx503

Lewis,
Escrow.com is a good reliable company. Be very careful of a seller wanting you to use a specific company as there are many sham escrow companies set up to look like the real thing. You send your money and it is gone!

Thanks, Bob
Bob Peed

Lew Mayer

Just an update. I checked on Enviotrade further. They list no busness address or business phone. On reading their terms and conditions from their website, I saw they listed they were affiliated with Internet Escrow Services which is Escrow.com. Well, I called Escrow.com and they are affiliated with no other escrow service. Suffice to say,I didn't send them any money. I'm sure it would have disappeared. So beware to all you folks if anyone wants to use Enviotrade. I had e-mailed the company to send me a list of their officers,business address and phone number and(surprise!) they never replied back. Be careful in your e-commerce transactions,folks.

Lewis A Mayer
Lew Mayer

mermaid

BEWARE!!!!! Enviotrade.com was a fake escrow company. They were shut down yesterday. Watch out for someone named "Richard Brunno" from London using email address [email protected]. He searches websites to locate high value items and sends "blanket" type emails explaining he is "very interested" in the seller's item followed by a few "blanket questions" ie. is the item in good condition? will you consider shipment to London?, and then recommending the escrow service enviotrade.com for, get this, "both party's protection". He then recommends FedEx or UPS, and once the item is shipped, he stops responding to emails. The emails from the so-called escrow service cease, and the item(s) is/are forever gone.

Lew Mayer

Mermaid,
Thanks but don't worry I didn't send any money. I figured the scam before I sent anything. That's why I did the update. Thanks for the concern though. We need to let each other know about the bad guys out there. Poggers gotta look out for one another.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer