My Country is....

Started by DKWRACER, May 12, 2004, 09:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Changing....there is no doubt about what has been displayed in the media of attrocities commited in Iraq....

I know this is not a Forum about politics...but it does compell me to make a few comments...

This is not me, it is not what I live my life for...

How do you convey this message????
We live in a Democratic society

Make your statements to your immediate State representative.......

I hope we stay together for a very long time.......
Thomas Brosius

DKWRACER

Run silent and run deep...
Sorry, and please accept my appologies if I have offended...
I was deeply effected by the circumstances
This came after looking at past issues of "keeping track"
Many faces where seen... each and everyone was innocent

Our nation is upon a milestone...
If I have a child, he/she would be taught well...
It's a shame that we should have to face a long up-hill...

My father was bombed at Pearl Harbor
In our lives we never talked about those events
it was a pain that was left alone......

My country, and it's friends within, remain true friends for a very long time

Sorry for the rant and rave
Thomas Brosius

tmte123

I don't think that is a rant or a rave, but more of a plea.  I can't imagine any of us who are not affected by recent events and feeling some kind of pain.  It's natural to seek out friends in hard times.  I think of this as a happy place to go to, but it shouldn't entirely exclude the rest of the world and what's happening in it.  Sometimes acknowledging the crummier things in life helps us appreciate the good things: friends and interests and expressing the joy of both.
Terry

Currently ride a '75 XL-250, '78 TT500. Restoring (Re-Penton) a "74 250 Hare/ Scrambler
Currently ride a \\\'75 XL-250, Restoring (Re-Penton) a \\\'74 250 Hare/Scrambler

LynnCamp

Very nicely said Terry ..and an insight into the special significance of this group.

DK -- so sorry about your father. I can't even imagine either fighting or losing someone in battle.  It must have been very traumatic for you.  My father was 33 years in the Navy and began his career supplying the Pacific Fleet.  He tried desperately to represent his country on the battlefield, but thank goodness (for his family) they always kept him out of the firing range.

t20sl

I sincerely do not intend to offend anyone but hopefully this site should not become a political discussion group.  Those comments should be reserved for other forums.

OUCWBOY

No offense to anyone, but I agree with not making this a site to express political views. We all are such great folks with this one BIG thing in common and I'm sure we don't all have the same political beliefs. One thing my grand daddy alway told me. With friends you never discuss politics or religion, cause when you do, you no longer have those friends.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Larry Perkins

I think a friend will look past political differences.  How boring would the world be if we all though alike?  The world and the country constantly go through changes as will this organization, as did the bikes we love.  Sometimes we don't like where things go and to moan about it is the American way.  It is why our Fathers fought some wars.  I respect different opinions and if they need to be shared from the heart to other friends; even if it is not abot Pentons, I'll listen.

tmte123

Larry, I agree, for years I have said that if everybody, thought like me, looked like, acted like me....I would have to shoot me, out of sheer boredom.  I even think there is room on this forum for a political thread or two.  After all, we do have the power to select or not to select what we read here.  I am able listen and to respect someone's views without agreeing with them.  I don't think there is much of chance of this forum becoming a politcal one.  But we are affected by politics.  I think we have all seen riding areas closed for what seemed to be political reasons. So I think, a thread or 2, off topic is OK, I can always skip reading them.
And actually, I was feeling more or less the same way DKWRACER was feeling, and it was nice to know I wasn't alone. Terry

Currently ride a '75 XL-250, '78 TT500. Restoring (Re-Penton) a '74 250 Hare/ Scrambler
Currently ride a \\\'75 XL-250, Restoring (Re-Penton) a \\\'74 250 Hare/Scrambler