need a '74 Jackpiner gas tank

Started by buckyduke, June 23, 2004, 07:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckyduke

I need an enduro style gas tank for a '74 Jackpiner, can anyone help?

email me at [email protected]

Thanks

buckyduke

John Doud

Have you tried Ebay???

For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required. Luke 12:48
For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required. Luke 12:48

Rain Man

jack Piner gas tank, hhmmm I bet you can find one here or someone has one thats to embarrased to sell ya with holes and cracks in it and needing of much mending.
    A cheap one on E bay, probably the wrong year, and my favorite: rivets down the bottom seam  (aaaghh) Patience, a virtue,..
   you'll find a tank, but it will be thirty years old !! Some of these things "just don't come easy"  (or cheap)  Don't ever quit:) cause once you get your Piner running again, it will never quit !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

bkinnon

Raymond is right, watch ebay. I have a bunch of them, but I have acquired them over time and will hang on to them. Some came on the bikes as new, some I bought on ebay. There are quite a few on ebay, but if you are looking for the perfect tank. you will look for a long time. Just  2 or 3 weeks ago there were three available.Just look for one that is in good shape and plan on refinishing it. Decals and petcocks are readily available on links here. The condition will dictate the price.

'97 KTM Jackpiner 200LE
'00 KDX 200
'80 KDX 250
'74 Hare Scrambler
'73 Jackpiner 175 (5)
'73 Jackpiner 175 original owner
'73 Six Day
'73 Berkshire
'71 Six Day
'73 Wassell
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

buckyduke

What about one that has KTM stickers?  Its watermelon shaped, blue, with black and white striped KTM sticker.  Would this suffice as the *right* tank?  I can send a pic.

Dennis Jones

Bucky,

Any blue tank you put on a 74 would be the *right* tank. In 74 one could have shown up at a dealer with a toaster tank, MX tank, or a watermelon tank depending on when it left Austria or what they had laying around in Ohio. Just replace the KTM decal with a Penton one and you will be good to go. Personally I like the watermelon tanks.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones