Tyran or Dalesman

Started by robbersroost1, June 25, 2004, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbersroost1

Was looking for an original Tyran or Dalesman Trials to put in my Wassell collection. Old sales literature on these bikes also.

Terry Laible
Terry Laible

thump96

Dennis Jones has a Tyran project for sale on page 3 of this forum. I have seen it and it would make a very nice builder!

thump96

Dennis Jones has a Tyran project for sale on page 3 of this forum. I have seen it and it would make a very nice builder!

firstturn

Terry,
  Just a follow up on the Dalesman that you bid on recently on ebay.  I was curious about what your opinion was of that particular bike and why there wasn't more interest.  No trick question, I just need to educate myself more on Dalesman, since I have passed some nice ones in the past.
  If you would rather e-mail me directly no problem, but I feel that it was an interesting subject(motorcycle).  Thanks for your time.

[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Ron,
 You are determined to create a "Dalesman Salesman" out from 'somewhere', are'nt you? :)

The other day I found a web site and a guy that makes "brand new original copies" of a Greeves Pathfinder (close to a Dalesman Trials). Most likely a 'Brit...those guys are very resourceful, and proud, they never threw away any of their old tools.
 Those are the guys to ask to make our aluminum fenders. :D

Bob

firstturn

Rob,
  You are probably right on the fenders.  On the Dalesman Salesman subject there was one that lived in the San Antonio/Austin area back then and I need to find out a little more about the person and what was going on when/then.  Another one of "just because" projects.  Now you know Rocket is going to have something to say about this subject[:o)].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

imported_n/a

Hello all.To answer Terry's question,I have an original Dalesman brochure from 1971,as well as several other pieces of literature pertaining to the Dalesman trials.On Ron's question,I don't know why there was little interest.I won the one in Colorodo,and the son of the Dalesman importer(Ron Jeckel,Jeckel Industries)won the latest one.I raced just such a bike in 1971-1972.My raced for the local Dalesman dealer and we were very succesful with them.I think they are very interesting examples of that period where there were soo many different bikes available from these small manufacturers.Cheers Larry

robbersroost1

AS why the Dalesman Mx only brought $610.00 Well I bid 600.00, didn't go higher because I really want a trials. This was a good buy, no doubt, some times you get lucky. Just trying to stay focused, so I'm ready when that Dalesman Trials bike appears. I emailed a friend and told him I wish I'd bought it, but you can't have everything you want I said.
   I may be close to getting one, if I do I would say the journey I started in finding one was very rewarding, so many neat people I met and that's worth more than the bike.

Terry Laible
Terry Laible

desmond197

I have a Dalesman 125 MX similar the two that have been on Ebay recently. They were designed by Jim Lee and Peter Edmonson ( The same Jim Lee that did the Wassel bikes)with input from MX star Joel Robert who sold them in Belgium. The trails used the same frame as the MX with an up pipe. The early trials had a different rear sprocket and some had Puch moped front forks and front wheels. They used Puch 125 motors with and Amal carb replacing the side float Bing. Some also had some transmission mods that blocked a couple of gears in the 6 speed for a 4 speed box. Very well built bikes but very rare probaly not more than 500 total bikes including MX enduro's and trials. Dalesman did a lot of marketing and had few sales.

OUCWBOY

Another story about not enough Dalesman Salesmen! :D

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

Donny,
  You are going to get a email from Rocket.  This is a serious subject.  I think I would leave the Dalesman Salesman area of discussion to Rob W.  He seems to be a expert on taking the hits[:o)].
  By the way I love the picture of you on the new calender.  The picture of you with a Trumph shirt standing next to your new Penton?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

How weird, I just received my calendar minutes ago and was going to ask who that was...Donny, very cool, that's great.

OUCWBOY

Oh my gosh! I had no Idea that picture would end up on the calendar. That photo was taken in the early summer of 1969. My penton had been slightly modified. It has a 19" front wheel with Pirelli tires installed for flat tracking. Notice how dirty the Triumph shirt is? That attire is what most of us wore to race in. Leathers? Who needs leathers? Judginf from the size of the trophy, I must have taken a 1st place that day. The other two bikes on the trailer, most of you might not remember....... Mojave! One is a 360cc and the other is a 250cc. I was working at Montgomery Ward at the time, and we built these two bikes. Not fast, but free! Won on them from time to time too! I just couldn't resist on the Dalesman Salesmen. NO offense intended.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

robbersroost1

Well Mr. Dalesman Salesman (your fired), but if you find me a Suzuki TM 125 or a Honda Elsinore 125  mid 70's then that might lead me to a trade and I'll get my long awaited Dalesman Trials, and Mr Dalesman will be reinstated with pay. Please email if you have one of these. Thanks, and long live the Dalesman Salesman.

Terry Laible
Terry Laible

OUCWBOY

Terry,
Are you taking good care of MY Woodsman???????

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR