Lectron Air Boot

Started by Jdbglover, June 25, 2004, 11:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdbglover

I have a 34mm Lectron Carb, that I am wanting use on my 75 'Piner.  To do so, I need the air boot that goes from the fiberglass air box to the carb.  I have check with Al and H&H and they are out. Does any  body have a spare, they could part with.  I am also open to any other methods of connecting the air box to the carb.

Thanks
John

Steve Minor

Could you use a section of radiator hose, of the proper diameter, until the proper air boot can be found?
Steve Minor

Dennis D

I have a new one that I got from Al that I am not going to use. Contact me off list and we'll work something out. [email protected]
Put airboot in the subject line so I don't delete it. Dennis D

Jdbglover

Dennis

Thanks for the offer.  I have emailed you off the list.  Please let me know if have not received the email.  My email addy is [email protected]

Thanks

John Glover

Rain Man

John, I've used radiator hose on my Lectron equiped 76 MC5 250 PENTON and it worked. I cant say if the rubber turns to mush after awhile. Neoprene rubber is the fuel proof stuff.
 I started the bike with the radiator hoses and road it briefly (needs a swing arm bush bad)  
Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

herman

Yes you can use radator hose on a mc but not on a gs model with fibberglass box as they are both diffent sizes.

Herm
Herm