Penton & Puch For Sale

Started by SCOTT CURTIS, June 30, 2004, 02:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCOTT CURTIS

I am selling two of my bikes, details are as follows:

1) 1972 Penton Six Days  Vin - 21159055

I bought this bike from an estate.  The original owner bought the bike when he was in his late 40s so it has never been raced or beat like a teenager might.  The bike had not been run for a number of years so I had the following done:  bottom end seals and gaskets (Doug Wilford did the work and he mentioned the bike had very little time on it), it had a brand new Wisco piston and rings, I insalled new jets and float in the carb,  the motoplat was bad so I had it rebuilt by the fellow in Texas.  He has done 3 of these for me and they all work great.  In summary the motor is like new!

The rest of the bike is very original and unmolested:
Original tank, strap and decals
original handlebars (chrome is excellent)
original Magura Controls, Dust covers and even original gray oiler cables!!
the air box cover still has the diclaimer decal and Penton decal
new seat cover
metzeler tires
Preston Petty fenders (non original) a bit yellowed from time
the kickstand is missing, Al sells them
the rear fender has a tail light, however no head light.
aftermarket Banke Pipe, (loud) mfg. in Texas, Fistturn has knowledge of these pipes.
The wheels and spokes are not rusted like many of the Steel chromed ones are.
For you guys who are looking for bikes in unmolested, original condition this is the bike!
Asking Price $1725.00

2) 1973 or 1974 Puch, red tanked 175, the year depends on who you talk to!  Vin 3802642

I was told the bike was on std. bore I cannot confirm or deny.  I can tell you the bike has good compession and runs well.

The tank and frame have been freshly painted the correct colors.  The tank has new vinyl decals and looks nice.
The bike has the original steel chromed fenders which are in excellent condition, yellow paint still on the undersides.  The front fender has the original mud flap.
Original seat cover and vinyl shroud around the carb are in good condition.
Original funky, atv style handlebars, Magura controls and dust covers.
Polished 35mm Betor forks, excellent codition.
metzler front tire and new metzler copy in rear
Chrome exhaust heat shield and chrome "pickel" style silencer on the end of the pipe.
In general, the bike is showroom clean.

Each year at Mid Ohio there are a few of these Puchs for sale.  I have never seen one there as nice as this one.
Asking Price $1475.00

Note- Both of these bikes are nice, not much wiggle room in the asking price.

I live in N/W Pennsylvania and would like to have the bikes picked-up or I will bring to Mid-Ohio at no charge.  I would prefer telephone conversations as opposed to Emails.  Home phone 814-724-1706, Work 814-336-1108.  Thanks, Scott Curtis

herman

Scot.Can you give me the guy in texas that rebuilds motoplats or phone?I thought his site was vintage dirt but i can not find it.Thanks Herm

Herm
Herm

herman

Scot.Can you give me the guy in texas that rebuilds motoplats or phone?I thought his site was vintage dirt but i can not find it.Thanks Herm

Herm
Herm

firstturn

Scott,
  Please email me directly at
[email protected]
I am not able to contact you by the return going through POG.  You can reach me tonight @830.832.1968 or 832.722.0408 after 7PM.  Thanks!

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

SCOTT CURTIS

Ron,  I can't call tonight.  I will try call you this weekend.  Scott

firstturn

Scott,
  Anytime this weekend.  I will have my cell all the time.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

SCOTT CURTIS

Herman, Motoplat Repair - Vintage Dirt Bike - 713-896-9668.  I believe he is located in Houston.  $195.00 usually 4-5 weeks turn around.  He has done 3 for me.  Scott

vitaminT

I can repair Motoplats for half that price. With lighting coils a little more. I'm looking for  projects this winter. I have repaired my own. The bike starts on one kick and the lighting coils I can rework for 12V. If your not in any big hurry and you would like to have your old dead Motoplat repaired contact me.

[email protected]

Cappy

Scott,
I accidentally deleted your email from my computer and I get an undeliverable message when I try to email you via the POG link.  Please send me another email so I can get back in contact with you.
Thanks,

John Cappel

John Cappel