1976 penton 250 mc5 exhaust pipe & 1977 footpegs

Started by JohnnyO, June 30, 2004, 06:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyO

The frame is a replacement KTM frame.  There are no numbers stamped on this frame anywhere.  The there are two different mounting positions for the footpegs, so I believe it would make the frame a 1977.  If anyone knows where I can get footpegs please let me know.  I have pictures of the exact footpeg I need.  I can email them.  I also need an exhaust but the motor is a 1976.  If anyone knows where I can get one of these, please let me know.
Would it be possible to find these items at the VMD show?  I plan on attending.
My email is [email protected]
Thanks
JohnnyO

firstturn

JohnnyO,
  Welcome to the POG site.  Just a little help for you.  When you want to continue a subject go back to your original topic and click on REPLY TO TOPIC.  That way we can follow you through out you quest for a answer to your questions.  Just trying to help you.
  The answer to your question on finding these items at VMD.  It is better there than any other show that I know of at this time, plus you have people that can help you see what you need or actually see it on a complete bike.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Johnny, The first place I would try is Barry Higgins at H&H KTM World, the second place I would go is Jake Fischer, both of them are on the "suppliers" page, off from our "Home" page.

Either a '76 or '77 pipe will work, they're the same. I have a dual footpeg position frame like that, it's a '77,  and I know I have one extra footpeg also. Can't remember if it's a left or right, but it came in a box of goodies I got 2 years ago at Mid-Ohio. I'll check.

Good pipes like that are not easy to come by, you may be able to find a newly made aftermarket pipe (Ace maybe) easier than a original stock one.

We're gonna need name tags at VMD, or else I'm never going to find you guys I'd like to meet.

Bob Wardlow

DKWRACER

The footpegs from Al B. work just fine for a 76, tho they are spring loaded, you can use your imagination to fashion a spring, they are on my racer, the pipe becomes another in a long list of "something to do"
Thomas Brosius

firstturn

JohnnyO,
  Welcome to the POG site.  Just a little help for you.  When you want to continue a subject go back to your original topic and click on REPLY TO TOPIC.  That way we can follow you through out you quest for a answer to your questions.  Just trying to help you.
  The answer to your question on finding these items at VMD.  It is better there than any other show that I know of at this time, plus you have people that can help you see what you need or actually see it on a complete bike.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Johnny, The first place I would try is Barry Higgins at H&H KTM World, the second place I would go is Jake Fischer, both of them are on the "suppliers" page, off from our "Home" page.

Either a '76 or '77 pipe will work, they're the same. I have a dual footpeg position frame like that, it's a '77,  and I know I have one extra footpeg also. Can't remember if it's a left or right, but it came in a box of goodies I got 2 years ago at Mid-Ohio. I'll check.

Good pipes like that are not easy to come by, you may be able to find a newly made aftermarket pipe (Ace maybe) easier than a original stock one.

We're gonna need name tags at VMD, or else I'm never going to find you guys I'd like to meet.

Bob Wardlow

DKWRACER

The footpegs from Al B. work just fine for a 76, tho they are spring loaded, you can use your imagination to fashion a spring, they are on my racer, the pipe becomes another in a long list of "something to do"
Thomas Brosius

rob w

That sort of frame takes it's own special kind of foot pegs.

JohnnyO

Looking forward to meeting you guys at VMD.  I will be looking for an exhaust pipe, seat and foot pegs for a 1977 Penton 250 MC5.  
The dream never dies.

Thanks for all the help.
JohnnyO

firstturn

JohnnyO,
  I have a couple of pipes I bring to sell for someone else.  I haven't even looked at them, but they are all KTM/Penton.  See you at Mid-Ohio.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mike OReilly

There's a really nice set of correct, NOS MC5 footpegs on Ebay now.
Mike

Mike Lenz

Alan Buehner has some of the duel, 77 style pegs.

JohnnyO

I still need a 1976 or 77 penton ktm 250 exhaust pipe.  I am having a problem finding this pipe, I need everyones help.  This pipe is the only thing keeping my bike project from completion.  I am looking for an intake manifold for a 76 77 penton ktm mc5 250.  As my original manifold has 1 and a half inches cut off of the intake to fit a big carb.  Which was a mistake.  How will this affect my motor if I use this intake manifold with that much cut off?  I was told by KTM dealers that it would make the motor run more peaky.  Or should I run with the original manifold that is longer?  I would also like to find a seat in new or excellent condition for this 76 77 penton ktm mc5 250.  
Thanks
JohnnyO

firstturn

JohnnyO,
  There is a pipe that just popped up on ebay.
http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2487516109&category=35604

I hope this helps.  I have what is left of a pipe (no end piece) that if you email me I will send you a picture to see if you can use it.
[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

Johnny O, there is a seat for that style Penton on Ebay too.

Raymond
Limington Me.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons