Mid-Ohio

Started by Speedy, July 19, 2004, 12:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy

Hello everybody who run me over at Mid-Ohio.I am home again facing some 130 e-mails.On the way home at about the border between Pensylvania and NY State,we came into a Thunderstorm,and for 15 minutes,the highway turned into a river.No movements possible.
Besides so so whetter and broken down toilets at Mid-Ohio,it was great once again.Great feelings to be with the FAMILY again.The POG set up was great and the foot greater again.Good mud MX to watch.Fast TEEDY LANDERS picked good lines trough the mud bog,better almost then former WORLD CHAMP Jeff Smith whoes BSAs PRINCE OF DARKNES ignition let him be strandet on the fenceline.Some people just never learn to face realitys.lol.
So,,,.... next come together I guess is in TULSA at the ZINK RANCH.Hope to see you all there.Cheers,Speedy----->>>>>....

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

Doug Wilford

Speedy   Your van probably needed washing anyhow.    The rain was just a thank you for being at Mid-Ohio.     See you in Tulsa.

Dwight Rudder

It was great to see everyone we did at Mid-Ohio. Some found deals in the swap meet. But I found slim pickings. I bought a few nice things but no new bikes.
I can't wait till the ISDTR to see everyone again !
Cher'o,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

rob w

Many thanks ! to all the people of the Penton Owners Group that organized, worked, and attended the Mid-Ohio event. And an "event" it was, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the three and a half days I spent absorbing the atmosphere of Vintage Motorcycle Days. Wonderful intelligent friendly gracious and fun people, beautiful machinery, and the never ending intrigue of discovering a treasure around every corner. By far the most enjoyable VMD of the last three I've attended.

I arrived on Wednesday night. As soon as I woke up on thursday morning I got in the vendors line to be one of the first through the back gates. I parked and walked into the field where the swap-meet was to take place. At that time there were only about 6 trucks inside starting to unload. Standing on a hill, in the middle of the almost vacant field, I turned around and was awe-struck by the site I witnessed. There were trucks, vans, cars and trailers, bumber to bumber, in single file, as far as the eye could see. By the thousands they came, you could see the onset of this wonderful happening quickly unfolding before your eyes. It was like a scene out of Woodstock. One moment it was a vacant field, and the next it became a city. It was awesome.

I really enjoy meeting and getting acquainted with other POG members for the first time, and there were quite a few of you there. I'm  beginning to be more open and receptive to introducing myself. Unfortunately some slipped through the radar, but I'm very happy I got to meet so many new faces. It just makes this all more fun.

Mr. Penton did refer to us as "family", and I feel he's absolutely correct, that's honestly the way it feels to me. Maybe it's because we all share in a common thing that is unique and dear to our hearts. You know what they say about "birds of a feather", well it felt extremely good to be back with the rest of the flock.

Many thanks go out to Alan Buehner for serving six wonderful productive years as President, and equally to Doug Wilford as Treasurer.

Thanks POG, you once again offered some epic memories that I will always carry with me.

Bob Wardlow

OUCWBOY

Really wish I could have been there. Maybe next year. But Rob, I didn't know you were old enough to be at Woodstock!much less the hippie type he he!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tlanders

Thanks Speedy!!! Lots of bikes drowned out but not the Pentons!!!! Hooray for Pentons. Rosemary and I had a most marvelous weekend BUT THERE WASN'T ENOUGH TIME TO VISIT WITH POGGERS!! We arrived Friday night and raced both days. Didn't see the swap meet. We really enjoyed the stories that were told at the POG meeting Saturday night. Reminded us of the reunion ride stories. Mik won his class but not on a Penton!! No more excuses Mik, get your Penton going!!!! I won the post vintage race Sunday on the MC80. It's an awesome machine. I wish it had a better rider!!! I now know why I have never gotten back to Ron Carbaugh (sp?) with the serial numbers on my 1975 6-Day, when I think of it, like right now, I am no where near the bike. When I am near the bike, I never think of it. Sorry Ron, I'm afraid it's never going to happen.

Teddy

pketchum

Teddy said:
I won the post vintage race Sunday on the MC80. It's an awesome machine. I wish it had a better rider!!!

I think I can help here Teddy.  If you'd just look the other way for a moment, I'd swap mine for yours then it would have the better rider. <grin>

Teddy builds world class competition bikes in his COLD, COLD barn during the winter months.  He says "that makes me tougher".

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

Mick Milakovic

Hey Teddy, I might have won two classes, but I ran out of gas while leading the second moto with 200 yards to go!  Are Pentons easier on gas than a Husky? [B)];)

Mick

G Ellis

Mick PENTON'S are a lot better on gas and faster. LOL :D:DJust look at my 175. Just thought I would add my two cents. I told you to fill the tank. LOL:):) Just think of all that gas you would of used, if you had been chaseing me.[:p][:p] G Ellis

maicobuddy

Hi Guy's,
Well it's taken acouple of days to recuperate from Mid-Ohio & the food poisioning(you Yankees can't cook BBQ)HaHaHa..man I've never been so sick in my life..didn't get to meet alot of you guys..Thanks to Alan for the Maico Falk rear fenders..didn't find a Penton, but I did become the new owner of a Cherry '82 Husky 250CR..I'm already counting the days till next year..when I'm taking a bigger truck..[8D] maicobuddy

hrbay

Hey all, the weekend did not dissappoint even with a leaking tent, thanks to Doug for his help on the broken Puch gears, Dwight, there was supposedly a complete 75' Puch 175 sans pipe in the Mich. riders area but I could'nt find it anywhere..& Teddy, well you for sure figured out the air pressures for the mud with the 400, good going. Lots of good action pics hopefully to be developed. Looking forward to doing it again next year.

GC
GC

rd400pi

MaicoBuddy,
  You obviously didn't get a chance to eat at the POG tent.  That should teach you a lesson.  As a "white hat" member of Dale B's kitchen crew, I'm here to tell you that better eats were nowhere to be found!:D  I thoroughly enjoyed meeting each one of you guys, had a blast!  Hope to see you in Tulsa.

Mike Husted
  rd400pi
  Tulsa, OK Chapter 'O POG

tmc3c

Hey Mike, Look at his name MAICO Buddy !! WE Can't let him eat with us PENTON Buddies ! He got to drop the Maico first !!:D[:p]

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

rd400pi

Thomas,
  "You are correct, Sir!" :D(Ed McMahon chuckle)

Mike Husted

maicobuddy

I looked & I looked and I saw no Pentons(KTMs) for sale..except the 420MX Teddy got..I'm going to keep my eyes open for one..maicobuddy..I mean pentonbuddy