Southern Ohio Trailride

Started by Ghost Rider, August 08, 2004, 11:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost Rider

Hello, I'll be in southern Ohio near Chillicothe, during the first week of September, and was wanting to bring my bike along and maybe do some trail-riding. I'm from out of state, so I'm not aware of the Ohio regulations on off-road bikes, or if there are any good places to ride in that area. However, I rode somewhere near that area in Feb. of 1973 at the Winter Burr enduro, and, as I recall, it was a beautiful place to ride.
  So, if any of you ole vintage guys or gals could help me out, I would really appreciate it.  
                             Thanks, Joe  

W.J.C.
W.J.C.

Rain Man

I cant help you out with a So. Ohio trail ride but let me be the first to welcome you to the Penton Owners Group:)

Raymond
Limington Me.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Ghost Rider

Raymond,
              Thanks for the Welcome, it's always good to hear from other people who enjoy the old Vintage bikes. I'll remember the "Rain Man" name, you've made a good first impression.
                     Thanks for the reply, Joe

W.J.C.
W.J.C.

tmc3c

Welcome Joe to POG ! I can't help you with the riding in Ohio but if you are ever in S.C. give me a shout and I will help you out here.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

t20sl

I believe the last weekend in August the Little Burr Enduro is being held in McArthur , OH.  (About 25 miles due east of Chillocothe, OH..)
Also around Nelsonville, OH  there are the Wayne National Forest trails.  You can buy a one day permit for about $5 and there are around 75 to 100 miles of nice easy trails.  Nelsonville is due east of Chillcothe about 45 miles.  Ted