400 mint jetting specs

Started by chicagojerry, August 20, 2004, 05:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

hi all, anyone out there have jetting specs for using a 36 mil bing carb on a 75 mint 400. i called bing and they showed that the bike called for a 38 but i need to know if i can get this thing close with the 36..  thanks, "chicago" jerry

Doug Wilford

Jerry I see you were successful in your quest for a 400.   I had talked to you at "On the Edge" awhile back.   I haven't any idea on your jetting but I am sure there are alot of people that visit this site that will be able to help you out.    Welcome to Pentomania!:)

firstturn

Jerry,
  Larry Perkins may can help.  I think he rode with some people that had the smaller carbs back in "the Day".  I preferred the 36 over(or one might say under[:o)]) the 38 for great smooth power.  Of course most people want the 38 for what we call fire road type running.  I will send you a picture of the tank later tonight and I think you made a nice find.  Later.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

dennis foley

jerry, i just purchased a 74 mint 400 that has a 36 mm bing on it , i havent raced it yet but in seems to run good and strong, i have not checked out the jetting as of yet but when i do i will let you know what it is, and ron, ive send you a bunch of emails that i dont know if your getting, i do want the tank for the 74 400, let me know . thanks

firstturn

Dennis and everyone:
  Half the time I do not receive email sent through POG site.  If you want to contact me please send the email directly to me or just do a repy to my email.  Sorry, but we are really just getting use to electricity down in Texas.

[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

dennis foley

ron, i just went back and checked my mail center, only 1 was sent through pog, 5 were replys to your email and one direct, so there must be a problem with one of our email adress. i just send it again off of one of your emails, lets see what happens, dennis

Bobby Lucas

Jet the 36 as a 38. 185 main 282 needle no1 needle clip one from the top or middle idle 50 slide 220 mx 230gs air screw 1/2 - 1 1/2. Good Luck.

Bobby Lucas
Bobby Lucas

DKWRACER

Bobby Lucas!!!!!! Where on earth have you been?????? Out of the depths, this man comes!!!! It is a "most Welcome Post" hope there is "more" to come, Thanks for the hospitality and the brew at Albuquerque!!!!
Tom........
Thomas Brosius