Bogging down problem

Started by Steve Minor, August 23, 2004, 04:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Thanks Maico.....if it will stop raining for day, I'll be able to check it out. I have a Super Trapp on the pipe but I'll take it apart and give it a look. Got to get things sorted out by ISDTRR time!
Steve Minor

john durrill

Steve,
 take the disks out and clean them (you can burn them off with a torch or a small fire). They can plug up in a short time and give you that problem. We switched from Golden Spectro to the Maxium that Dwight recommended just because of that. Pete and I both have super trapps on our bikes.
John D.

Steve Minor

Thanks for all replies.......I'll tear into it tomorrow....that is if it stops raining.

John Durrill.....I hope you made it through the recent Hurricane(s) OK. I'm sure the all people in Fla. appreciate the effort you power company guys exerted. You were in my thoughts.
Steve Minor

Rain Man

John D. are these disk stock on the GS 400 exhaust? I got some on mine, and I'm getting a bit nervous to see "no oil coming out the exhaust". Every Penton and KTM I've ever owned had oil coming out the exhaust. But? this is the loudest one I've ever owned too. I'm running WP @ 40:1
(water pumper)  
Also  does   increasing or decreasing the baffles have an effect on rich and lean conditions or is it just related to power at WFO or  running it in A slowER RPM range ?  Thanks

Raymond
Limington Me.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

john durrill

Raymond,
 I dont know if the disk's are stock on your pipe, but they were sold as an accessory back then. You should clean them often . It would depend on the oil you use. Take the disks out and use a torch or a small wood camp type fire to burn them out. Then brush them off and they are good to go. Mine are stainless so i guess you could use something like easy off oven cleaner to get the carbon to leave.
  Adding or removeing disks changes back pressure so it will affect jetting and when the power band begins and ends. On our 175's 4 disks and we have a little tractor , 6 to 8 and they are like a stock Piner.

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by JOHN DURRILL

Steve,
 take the disks out and clean them (you can burn them off with a torch or a small fire). They can plug up in a short time and give you that problem. We switched from Golden Spectro to the Maxium that Dwight recommended just because of that. Pete and I both have super trapps on our bikes.
John D.

And start using OPTIMOL oil 100-1 mix.No carbon for years.
Speedy--------->>>>>>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

Rain Man

Thanks John, I forgot what the combination was with those plates as far as the response to power and speed go.

Raymond
keep right, stay in control (sometimes)
Raymond
 Down East Pentons