guestimate

Started by Tim Check, August 31, 2004, 01:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Check

Can anyone tell me what it would cost to have a Sachs engine rebuilt?
Yes, it depends on alot of factors. I have 2 or 3 engines that could be used as a basis for rebuilding. What is generally the labor for a total rebuild? Who are some of the better rebuilders? What is generally the turn around time? This is a 125 five speed.
Thanks

TIm Check
TIm Check

rdrnr

Tim,
  The Sachs rebuilder is Doug Wilford. He is a hourly man, and from what I have read and heard, the only person for the job.  Search for his name and send him a email.
  James

OUCWBOY

Tim and James,
Doug Wilford is the MASTER of Sachs. There are others that do it well, but Doug is considered the best of the best.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

bildough

i asked basically the same question several days ago. I think the general concensus was the cost is about $1,000 total

Rain Man

I had Doug rebuild 2 for me this spring (1) 6b was 850 bucks with just about new everything. Starts first kick hot or cold.
   The other one had a rusted crank case condition and needed a new clutch and crank, that was 1050 bucks. It is a 5a motor and runs better than the 6b. (Heavier crank)

Raymond
Limington Me.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Tim Check

Thankyou for the information. You all are the best.

TIm Check
TIm Check

Tim Check

Do any poggers have a phone or preferably an email for Doug Wilford?
Thanks
Tim

TIm Check
TIm Check

OUCWBOY

Tim,
At the top of this page is slection under the Penton Owners Group name on the right. Under it is a name "Members". Click on Members and scroll down till you find Doug Wilford and the click on his name and you will be able to send him an E mail.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Tim Check

Thanks, just found it with your help and sent off an e-mail.
Tim

TIm Check
TIm Check

Dennis Jones

Hi Tim,

Doug did a trials engine for me, you won't be disapointed.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

swamp fox

I've got two that Doug rebuilt that I haven't put in the frames yet. He made them look too good, so I have to make the rest of the bike shine like them.[8D]

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Rain Man

Swamp fox dont be shy, I got 6 dirt bikes and everyone of them is in the garage caked with mud. I'll make them look pretty when I'm too old to ride.  Rigth now, your missing out on all them splendid hours of covering the competition with mud.  get  em up and ride em boys  yeehaa

Raymond
Limington Me.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

swamp fox

Raymond,
My old Berkshire is torn down completely, so I have the opportunity to put it back in it's glory. It has crossed my mind a few times to just ride the 6 Days for a while before I strip it down. I just have to find the time between these darned tropical storms, hurricanes, and honeydo's before I go crazy.

Oh, and night shift at the Port of Charleston doesn't help either.[xx(]
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Rain Man

night shift?  hhmm thats what they call this. when I retire I'm gonna consider sleeping too.:)
I'll fess up, I do have my original Jackpiner all painted up and 1/2 way put together. Starting to look like it did when it was new.

Raymond
Limington Me.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons