Saying good Bye

Started by ehletra, September 05, 2004, 12:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehletra

Hi friends I said good bye to my six day today. I felt kinda like I should of keep it but its over now. I baught a honda 300ex 4 weller its alot more what I need for the farm. I would like to thank every body on the POG because they all helped me so much. I cant belive how much I know now about thes old bikes. Alot of peope I know dident even know what a penton was, now they do. well thank you again.
Travis

firstturn

Travis,
  Thanks for giving the POG group the opportunity to help you.  You did a great job.  I hope I help you find the Jackpiner when you are ready to start on that project.  Speaking for myself it was a pleasure working with you.

Respectfully,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tomale

Travis, I can not imagine selling my 250. Thats why I have kept it all theses years . Hey, just because the bike is gone does not mean that you have been given permission to leave the table. Now that you are an expert we need you to pass that knowledge on to others. so you will be expected to show up from time to time and wow us all with your wisdom.  Get the picture?

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

OUCWBOY

I would like to say that Travis is one of the fastest studies I have ever dealt with. He always had the upmost respect and kindness for everyone.
Travis, It was a pleasure to work with you and I am looking forward to meeting you in person someday.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

cubfan1968

I'm the guy who bought Travis's 6 days. My biggest regret is that he didn't come along with the bike. This guy knows his stuff, he can probably fix anything.
I've been a Penton fan since the 1st time I saw my cousins bike in 1971, always wanted one but never pulled the trigger until now. I'll be joining the group soon, and will need alot of help and advice in restoring this beauty.
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

firstturn

cubfan,
  Welcome to the to the Penton Owners Group.  I hope that we can help you with your Penton.  I see by your ID that you may be from or around the Chicago area?  We are very lucky to have Members all over the USA and I hope that they will be of help to you.  Please keep us posted.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

ehletra

oK thanks every body Im not done with penton yet I want a 250 jack pinner. If any bodys looking for a stator core and fly weel let me know. Im still staying in the group just for the friend ship!  
Travis

cardojr

Well spoken Thom-We need kids that were us 30 years ago!

Travis-sooner or later that special bike will show up-In my mind there's a treasure behind every closed barn door.
 I was going to drag you and my kids out for a little riding or wheeling this fall in southern wisconsin, but i did in my ankle mud riding. Looks like it'll have to wait 'til spring.
good luck
rob

ehletra

Yes That would be fun Rob. Im not worried Im probly going to buy a jack piner when the one I want comes in.
Travis

tmc3c

Hi Cub Fan,I just got in from the windy city today,took the wife and kids up there to visit for 4 days and to see those funny BLUE MEN and out to the naval pier etc,but when I tried to come up with some tickets for the Cubs well that is when it started to get costly...I guess it was a good thing they were suppose to be in Fla. and went on the GANGSTA TOUR but all of the old sites were gone.Ron you would have loved these guys doing the tour!!          Travis, You are a nice guy and I am glad that I have been able to talk with you here on the POG site so keep a sharp eye out for another Penton and make sure you make it to Mid-Ohio this coming year!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tomale

Welcome Clubfan, I am way up here in the Northwest. We have a few POG guys up this way. A couple of guys at the races have told me that they have bought a Penton/KTM this last year. I think both of them were GS's  It would be cool to see them get them running and join in the fun in Penton land. Most of what I have learned about these great bikes came as a result of fellow Poggers. I may not be able to be of much help because both of my bikes have the KTM motors. I have much to learn about the Sachs stuff. but one day I hope to do a complete restore of one of the little bikes. Keep coming back.. ask lots of questions. it is cheaper than making mistakes.

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W