Wanted: Penton Restoration Project

Started by The Webbers, September 06, 2004, 06:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Webbers

Looking for a Penton restoration project for my son and I to do together. It needs to be as complete as possible but does not need to run. Kinda pushing towards the Wassel but will consider any model.
Thanks,
Duane Webber

Lew Mayer

I also have two guys looking for bikes. One is looking for a Jackpiner for vintage. It will be raced occassionally but WELL cared for. The second guy needs, I think, a post-vintage 175 or 250. I don't think his back could take the shorter suspension.
Thanks

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Duane,
  Where are you located?  It might also be nice to go to the six day reunion ride in October which will be in Tulsa.  You can never tell what will show up.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

DKWRACER

Lew Mayer, hello!   I will be bringing two bikes to RR FS...
1 = 1981 MXR (250)
1 = 1978 MC5 (175)

I can send you JPEG via email...pls send me an email as I wanted to capture your addy anyway.

[email protected]
Adios......
Thomas Brosius

Tommy_V

I have a couple of Jackpiners (175cc) both are 74's.  The first (early 74) is pretty much complete, but will need some motor work as the piston was stuck.  I got it unstuck but haven't looked further.  I want $750 plus shipping.  The second is a very original late 74 with lay down shocks.  I am the 3rd owner and have a title.  The bike has speedo(doesn't work, but valuable handlebar mount), headlight and tail light/ brake light that do work.  This bike runs well, but would need some going over to look beautiful.  I want $2000 plus shipping for this one.  I want to keep one of them, but not both.  I can email pics if you are interested.

Tommy
Tommy

Lew Mayer

Tommy,
where are you located? And if you can e-mail pictures that would be great. Thanks

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Tommy_V

Lew,

I'm right here in Cape Girardeau, MO.  Dennis is a buddy of mine.  I'll email some pics tonight.

Tommy
Tommy

gary

I have a 1972 175. Motor was  re built by Bobby Lucas, new clutch starter shaft. Has all the oiginal levers, Bing carb with choke in the slide, good tank,seat recovered, no rust, have spare radalli front wheel laced and ready to go. Bike has 2 new excel rims on it, original fork brace, wheel bearings etc, White fenders. Have a box of odd parts to go with it

There is not much left to do other than some minor TLC and a few parts and fixing it up to your way. Hate to sell it but it has to go

crash carden

Hello Gary,I might be interested in your 175 Penton if no one else is.Where is the bike located and how much are you asking? If you can email pictures or any info that would be great! :DThanks for any help. Crash Carden Email: [email protected]