1975 Rupp RMX 100

Started by Bearman, June 03, 2001, 10:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearman

Can anyone tell me what engine was used on this bike? Also what engines can be used on this bike without major modifications.  I currently have a very nice bike with an engine in a box, and I'm afraid that several pieces are missing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Doug Wilford

Bearman;
Don't know for sure if Rupp was still using the Sachs in 75, I know they were in earlier years.  Look in the box, if it is Sachs it is on the side covers and on top of the right side cover with a serial #.

gooey

dunno bout the 100's but the 125's were scahs I think ....   i guess I thought some o' the 100's used a fuji motor ... close cousin the the Hodaka .... dont remember ... but what I DO remember is the gas tank on the 125 and the sachs motor .... very much like the 72-3 Penton stuff if I remember right .... any connection there ???? If anyone would know, you guys would !  

this is the greatest organization of dirt bike people I have found,, would still like to find a 72-3 Hare scrambler in need of some TLC ... reasonable and close to home ( Iowa)   if thats possible ... lil bike poor right now,, but who knows ??

Keith

Someone in Springfield,MO, has one for sale on ebay that no one bought by bidding.  Could check a couple of dealers in the area.  The pic looked like other bikes were present and looked somewhat like a dealer.  Maybe worth a shot if you do not mind calling a few numbers.

Keith

Someone in Springfield,MO, has one for sale on ebay that no one bought by bidding.  Could check a couple of dealers in the area.  The pic looked like other bikes were present and looked somewhat like a dealer.  Maybe worth a shot if you do not mind calling a few numbers.

Keith

Sorry, had one on ebay some time ago.  Never know maybe still does have in back of shop.

gooey

I think Larry had that bike,, I saw it too,, ad seemed to end early though,, and I guess I thought he probably had made a deal on it ... I was keeping an eye on it,, never followed up though

I had an experience w/ Larry when I bought my now defunct 175 project,, he and I were in contact immediately after I bought it,, and he offered me a superior 175 quite reasonable,, and I declined,, and have regretted it since ... every owrd he spoke was from experience and honesty ...

I might be wrong,  but I think it was him that offered that bike,, and I wish now I would have made some sort of move on it ... thats TWICE for me ..

maybe I can grow some adult-onset brain cells,, but It may also be awfully late for that to happen  ,,,, I always figured the ones I killed when I was younger were the ones that liked Hondas,, but some o' the good cells got away too !

Larry Perkins

Gooey,

Thanks for the compliments, I'm blushing.  It was not me that had that bike on EBay.  If it was someone in Springfield, MO I am unaware of it.  I will make some inquiries though.