Wanted; 74' ,75' Mx Pipe

Started by Steve Talbott, June 05, 2001, 10:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Talbott

Looking for a decent mx pipe for my latest project. 74' or 75'. Can call me at (530) 268-6492,or email at [email protected] Thanks Steve

Steve Talbott
Steve Talbott

Rocket

Steve
Ebay has a 250 pipe listed, looks like the enduro pipe in real good shape.  Search under Penton.
Rocket

Steve Talbott

Rocket,   Thanks for the info,The pipe on ebay is in good condition. However I am looking for the Motocross style. Steve

Steve Talbott
Steve Talbott

Mike Lenz

Very hard to find. Getting to be THE hardest thing to find. I know guys that want to race Pentons but cant find ANY 400 pipes! Its a shame. Someone needs to market penton MX pipes BAD!

metalkfab

I will be reproducing pipes later this year,however the only ones I'll be able to do is '74 100/125 and '74 175 pipes 'cause that is the only ones I have (without prints it requires reverse engineering,meaning sawcut the f----r apart).I wish I could do more and faster but I still must earn a living and to keep cost in line,these reproductions are done as "gov't" work.I just hope that once I'm done they fit my bike(ha-ha)or I'll never be in the dirt.

Steve Talbott

Hey Guys , Thanks for all the responses and input on the pipe situation. I am going to fabricate one out of a enduro pipe. HaHa wish me luck.

Steve Talbott
Steve Talbott

Mike Lenz

Metalkfab, If you need pipes to make others your free to use any 250/400 ones I have.

[email protected]

Metalfab, "Without prints, it requires reverse engineering..."  That is what I love to do!  Even sawcutting is not necessary!  I can do mechanical drawings.  I will do mine for my '72 Six Day bikes.  Let us discuss at Mid-Ohio!  Tom

metalkfab

I don't need to cut every pipe to reverse engineer,only if we need to determine the silencer set-up(as in shrouds for some Pentons).I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get.Does anyone know about performance pipes and the difference between stock and hi-zoot?

Mike Lenz

Metal,  I also have a set of specs for the Carl Cranke 250 pipe. I along with alot of other racers would love to get our hands on that pipe. Carl really knew how to make Penton 250's bark!

metalkfab

I'll be at Mid-Ohio looking to meet and discuss future Penton projects.My interest is purely out love for Pentons,the only problem I have right now is our shop is extremely busy(so much for a mild recession)and it is putting a mental strain on me with trying to balance normal work with the push for vintage parts.I would like to thank Al B. for the help with some of the items and to Doug W.,Kip K.,and Larry P.,for their input.Without them and the POG Forum I would be lost as what to do.Our company would like to reproduce any and all items that are in need,however some items can get costly and might never be reproduced,already we have incurred a couple thousand in tooling,engineering,and prototyping and there still plenty of items that need to be done.I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will gladly work with all POG members to help bring about good quality products.Looking forward to meeting all of you.

axlemax

Hey guys,

If there is enough demand, I can reproduce rubber parts for bikes, like air box boots, intake manifold/carb connectors, etc.  I don't own a Penton or KTM, so I'm not in tune with which parts are hard to find, but I know that in general, rubber air box boots are hard to come by for most old bikes.  I have just made airbox boots for Montesa VR and later models, and it went extremely well.  For me to break even, I typically need to be able to sell 100 parts at $25 to $30 each.  All I need to get going is one good reference part to measure and produce a CAD model from.  Let me know if anyone thinks there is need, and whether there is enough demand.  Thanks!

Mark Annan

I think you would be able to sell enough of them to more than break even.

Mike Lenz

axlemax, Contact alan Buehner [under penton parts]. He may want to talk to on making several items.