77 GS6 175 for sale

Started by Boardwine62, October 10, 2004, 08:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardwine62

I am about to make a huge mistake. I have to sell some of my bikes and have a 77 GS-6 175 to offer. It runs perfectly. All original except for the fenders which are appropriate modern pieces.

I hope to have the bike at the Martinsburg WV Vintage race. Let me know if you would like me definately bring it.

What would the value be? Any interest?

I can e-mail pictures.

Thanks

Roger Boardwine
Blue Ridge, VA
Roger Boardwine
Blue Ridge, VA

Mike Berrington

I have some interest in the GS6,  my wife will have LESS interest .... I to have to many bike in garage in her opinion.    Email some pictures love to see it. I am in Waynesboro VA we can not be to far apart.

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.
Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.

Rain Man

Welcome to the Penton Owners Group Roger :)

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

taxman

Boardwine62,   how much for the ktm? Your location? if we agree upon a price, I'll pickup in WV. Please E-mail me @ [email protected] Thanks, Jim

jim novak
Jim

hrbay

GC

Larry Perkins

I agree.  For selling here list a price or at least give it in e-mail response.  If you are unsure of price or want the best bidder to buy it then eBay is the place.  The POG is not an auction site.  The way to fix this is when it happens everyone give a silly offer.  That usually gets the seller to spout a price.  My spin.

Larry P

firstturn

I agree with Larry(write this date down for historical reference).  I will trade my truck for your 175 or $14.00.  Your choice.  I can be reached by email:  [email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Ron,

What make and year truck is that, does it run okay?
I think I can come up with $14.00 in the next month or so
or I'll trade you a nice skateboard for your truck,
thanks.

Bob
[8D]
:)
:D

firstturn

Rob,
  I can bring the truck to you in Tulsa.  I think I owe you for favors already done.[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

t20sl

Maybe this needs to be on the general forum area. Anyway I think we should get more input from members and see if there is general agreement that items or bikes should not be posted without a price.  It is one thing to ask an opinion as to the price someone should ask, which from the postings I have read never really gets answered anyway.  (Seems a lot of members are afraid to give their opinion for fear that they might not be able to purchase said item cheap)  It is another matter to use this site as an auction house.  My feelings are clear, put your price you want or don't mention the bike or part on this site.  What's anyone elses' take on this??  Ted Atkinson

taxman

Well stated Ted! One Wife for sale---$8.75 FIRM:D

Jim
Jim

firstturn

Ted....good point, no! excellent point.  All I will add is that I am normally the one to ask "where is it located and how much do you want for it".  I agree with Larry that we are not ebay and if they want a auction go to ebay.  After all when I put something in here there is a price and when I list something on  ebay there is a starting price and normally a reserve.
  We could request a note be attached to the Wanted/For Sale topic that indicates the location and price must be included in the post if it applies.  If you want me to lead the charge email me with your suggestions and I will compile the information and submit to the powers.
              [email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

taxman..........any deductions transferable?[:o)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

chicagojerry

i certainly agree that the location and price should be included in any ad. however, that is no guarantee that the person doing the selling will adhere to that. i have recently been involved with a sale where the ad was placed on this site. after reaching agreement to pay the asking price of 200$ and asking how the party wanted the funds to be delivered, paypal, money order, cash.  someone else that saw the ad offered 400$. at least i was given the chance to match it which i did because the bike was probably worth it. but i was pretty disappointed that after having reached an agreement on the price, the price doubled because another pog member attempted to buy it out from under me. a handshake( or something like it) isn't always good enough anymore.  just my 2 cents on the subject.

firstturn

Jerry,
  Great story.  I think people would like to know who that was so that we know that person can't be trusted.  I have been treated similar on other sites and I just don't do business with that person and even block them from bidding on anything I have on ebay.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh