Almost ready for ISDTRR

Started by baxtermcc, October 16, 2004, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baxtermcc

Well, we are just about ready to ride next weekend.  My bike is just about ready, looking forward to some fun.  Glad to be riding the most popular bike in this year's ride - 27 Pentons on the list posted this week.  Next most popular is Husky with 22.

Here are a few pictures of my wheels.  Brother Dave and I will be on 1970 and 1971 ST's starting on minute 47.  See you all there.

Bob McCullough
Cranberry Township, PA

Dwight Rudder

Very nice.  I will be on row 45 ( # 345 ) Please don't dent my Chrome tank on my Hodaka as you pass. Doug Wilford (#203 Hercules GS125/6a) and Dot will be stopping by probably Monday. Doug has my reworked Sachs Six-Day 125 engine. I hope to install it this week and ride the Penton Six Day at the AHRMA Cross Country at Monster Mtn. in Alabama next month.  I also plan on riding the Classic Expert class in the MX. Lights, tool kit and all !  The ISDTR will be EPIC !
Cher'o,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

DKWRACER

Hey Bob, that thing looks Fab!!!! Also consider bringing a brew of chili, there is a BBQ planned for Friday, and as an added bonus, a small chili contest for braggin rights just might happen!.....
See Ya there!!!
Tom.........
Thomas Brosius

farmer58za

Tom
Is that the special type of chili that was discussed some time back?

Regards

David
'75 KTM GS175
'75 KTM GS250
'75 KTM GS400
Regards

David

DKWRACER

Yessir! Hope there are a few entrys to liven up the evenings bench racing.....Tom.....
Thomas Brosius

rob w

Bob, Dave.

I just know you're going to have such a blast riding those beautys together in OK.! You did excellent work, that Penton looks prepared and ready for fun. Way to go!, have the best time ever, looking forward to hearing your story when you return.

Bob

rob w

To all "Leroy's Reunion Ride" attendees.

In my opinion the ISDTRR is the best riding and meeting event we have all year. Hands down! Nothing else is even close in matching it. I can't say enough about the enjoyment and memories I have gained from attending the last two.

Unfortunately this year there'll be a big DNS after my name. I was really looking forward to meeting some of my western friends for the first time. I know...I blew a good opportunity, and a good time, sorry, I certainly hope there's a "next time".

Please do me a favor, someone try to organize the largest group picture that you can manage to get together. I know how hard it is to try and get everyone in one place at one time, but that'd be great if you could.

I'll write Vern and see if at least for my $130, I can get them to mail me my riders packet/program. If not maybe one of you guys could pick up my stuff and hold it for me.

Alright!...ya'all drive safe, rip it up! for me, and bring home some epic stories.

Bob

john durrill

You folks have a great time at the RR. One consolation to not being able to attend this year is meeting our 3 grandson for the first time. We should meet just before, during or just after the RR. ( the labor pains are about 10 an hour today)
 John D.

slvrbrdfxr

Hi All,
Sorry to hear that Rob W. and John D. are going to miss the fun this year. Trail is looking real good. Just hoping for good weather now. Rob, I'd be glad to mail whatever you and Vern can work out. I'll be seeing him on Thur and Friday and will ask him about it. Thanks for the compliments on the bikes too. I'm really looking forward to this ride !! This will be the first time on over 25 years that I'll get to ride with my brother. I think our last ride together happened in late 70's when I was working in Detroit. I went back to Pittburgh for a visit and he borrowed a 390 Husky from one of his friends. We had a great time that day. I think my leg is still sore from that Husky kicking back on me few times.

Dave McCullough
Tulsa Trail Riders
[email protected]

dirtymartini

Hey Bob (AKA baxtermcc)

Where is Cranberry Township? Sounds familiar but I can't place it.
I live in the NE corner of Pa (Harvey's Lake)

Mark Annan

Bob (and Dave),

You guys have fun at the Reunion Ride.  Unfortunately I have had to cancel my trip to this years event.  I have ridden my Steel Tanker at the last 3 reunions.  I'll sure miss doing it again it this year.  It would have been great to have 3 of them on row 47!

Mark Annan

PS Good luck to all the POG members going to the Reunion Ride this weekend.

baxtermcc

Mark,
My Dad passed your post from Vinduro along last night.  I did see your picture from last year's RR and agreed, it would have been a blast to have three ST's on the same minute.  I bought this bike last March and just got it reassembled about 10 days ago.  I only have about 20 minutes total on the bike since then (shake down only) so I hope to get through the weekend without problems.  What am I saying, I'm riding a Penton, of course it will be a good weekend.  Hope to have the chance to line up on the same minute with you in the future.

Bob McCullough
Cranberry Township, PA

baxtermcc

Cranberry Township is about 20 miles north of Pittsburgh where I-76 and I-79 meet.  It is also about 8 miles west of Mars, PA, home of the new POG President 'The Man from Mars'.

I purchased this bike back in February from a fellow who lives in East Stroudsburg, PA.

After my ride this weekend I hope to bring the bike to the POG meeting at AMA HQ in February.  Hope to meet you there.

Bob McCullough
Cranberry Township, PA

baxtermcc

I posted the 'after' pictures at the top of this post.  For anyone interested in the 'before' phase, those pictures can be found at:

http://users.zoominternet.net/~baxter/penton/

Bob McCullough
Cranberry Township, PA

baxtermcc

Bikes #147 and #247 are now parked in parc ferme and waiting for tomorrow morning.  I'll post a few pictures of Dave's bike and mine here when I get home.  Looking forward to a fun ride.  Glad to see so many POG members today.

Bob McCullough
Cranberry Twp, PA