The Year Of The Jackpiner

Started by Paul Danik, October 20, 2004, 09:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

At the October POG meeting it was decided to make 2005 " The Year Of The Jackpiner", what this means is at the Penton Day At The AMA and at Vintage Days, the Jackpiner will be the POG featured machine.  We still want and encourage any and all Pentons to be brought and displayed, but we will use the Jackpiner as our featured machine. We will have any Jackpiner literature, parts books, mag writeups, ect. that we can get ahold of displayed at these events, along with all the Piners that we can round up.  We are working on having a POG/Jackpiner shirt and hat ready to go on sale at the AMA meeting and for the rest of 2005.  The plan is to have a different "featured" Penton each year along with a commemorative shirt. We haven't sat and figured how many years we can do this before we run out of bikes, but it should be quite awhile.

The next POG meeting is scheduled for 7 PM, November 4, at the KTM building in Amherst. The "topic of discussion" will be the early Jackpiner, word has it that a barn fresh early Piner will be rolled into KTM's boardroom for the meeting, hopefully no mice will escape:D Everyone is welcome at any and all POG meetings, you do not have to be a member to attend.  Most meetings are lively and fun, the after meeting-meeting in the KTM parking lot is also usually an interesting event.

The annual "Penton Day At The AMA" meeting is scheduled for Sat. February 5, 2005 at the AMA Museum. More details of this meeting will follow shortly. The new "Motocross America" exhibit will be under construction at that time and maybe we can get Ed Youngblood to give us a "behind the scenes" peek at the newest exhibit.

Hope to see you at these events.
Paul

crash carden

Hello Paul, sounds like a great idea[^].I would be willing to bring my early 73 Jackpiner to show at VMD 2005. This is my first and favorite Penton as I bought it new in spring of 73.Also I would be interested in buying a POG Jackpiner hat and shirt. Keep up the good work, and keep us posted! Thanks again Crash Carden"GO TEAM PENTON" [8D]

Rain Man

count me in Paul, I should have my late 73 piner up and running and all  reconditioned by Christmas.  The other Jackpiners gonna maintain its rat bike qualities. 30 y/o dirt  and all !!
Anybody have a front head pipe I can weld together to the one I got?

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

weflyu

will try to make it to vintage days in 05 with my all origional (right down to the metal fenders and origional frame stickers)73 Piner, I also should have my 74 250 desert restoration done and will bring it along. It will be a long drive from So Cal but I'll get there.

Mark Smith

rob w

Paul and all,

1st, Congratulations to all of the P.O.G. for the good fortune of having this man as our president.
 It's very refreshing to now receive on-the-minute news, hear current events, and have the ability to communicate with our president on this forum.
 I can feel it....good things are happening! Thank you Paul.

Bob

Lew Mayer

Paul,
weather permitting, you are really tempting me to make the AMA meeting. I'll certainly have to get a JP hat and shirt. Curious isn't it, that JP can stand for John Penton or Jackpiner.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer