Parts to trade for a MX style pipe

Started by Steve Talbott, June 11, 2001, 10:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Talbott

I am looking for a 74' MX pipe, I have several parts, ranging from tanks to motoplats.Also have a couple of enduro type pipes, but I need to trade for the pipe that I am in need of. Thanks Steve

Steve Talbott
Steve Talbott

Kip Kern

Steve  I thought I saw a pipe, less silencer in AHRMA Mart this issue towards the back! It was out your way in sunny CA!

Steve Talbott

Kip, Thanks for the info on the pipe. Where can a Penton owner get a copy of the last issue of ahrma mart. Steve

Steve Talbott
Steve Talbott

gooey

ad says :

penton 250 74/75 7 rides since new, never apart , green sticker, non original bars silencer, shocks, $1000. Penton 400 exhaust 74-76 no silencer $40 plus shipping JP 415-822-1315 CA

The 250 sounds like a deal to me !

Steve Talbott

Gooey, Thanks for the reply, Will a 400 pipe work on my hybrid 250?

Steve Talbott
Steve Talbott

Kip Kern

The head pipe is different between the 250 and 400.  The 400 has a offset when it comes out of the cylinder.

Gavin Housh

Mike Lenz

Steve, I bought the 400 pipe for a guy I know looking for one. There was some after market ones being made for the 250. Anyone know what the deal is with that now? You could also cut and grind the enduro end off yours and weld a stinger on. DG sells that kind of stuff. Ill keep my eyes open for you.

Larry Perkins

Jemco makes what I think is the best motocross pipe for the 250 Penton 74-75.  We have one on our RED RAPID HARESCRAMBLER.  It is alot like the pipe that Moisiev had on his World Champ bike.  They are very similar cones.  It is very WORKS looking and it will unleash some ponies and make the motor bark.  Ours is Hi-Temp clearcoated instead of painted and it looks kind of proto-typish.  Check our 74 out and Mid-Ohio if you have not seen this pipe.

Steve Talbott

Thanks to all you Penton bros out there who gave me their input. That is the true treasure of the fabulous forum ie; wanted for sale. I have decided to modify one of my enduro pipes. I will let oyu know how it turns out.

Steve Talbott
Steve Talbott