porting info

Started by Bryson Williams, November 03, 2004, 07:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryson Williams

Looking for Sachs 125 porting specs, pipe specs and head redome specs.  Anybody have an idea on how to make them run well.  I need to keep up with a couple of GS Pro Monarks next season.

Dirk Williams

Larry Perkins

E-mail me at [email protected] and I will get you the Carl Cranke 6 day specs for porting, head mill, and pipe.  They are fast and reliable.

Larry P

john durrill

Larry could you send me those also please?
[email protected]
Thank you
John D.

Cappy

Dirk,
Fishing for speed secrets?  Don't tell me the Doughman has you worried?
Cheers,
John

John Cappel

John Cappel

Bryson Williams

Hey John, Unlike my friend Bill I have to make mine fast, I usually purchase my bikes in the low dollar range, and re-do them myself. I have a formula 60/40.  I get 60% of my enjoyment from building these fine old bikes, and 40% enjoyment from riding them. The most important part is the fellowship.  Dosen't get any better then a bunch of old dirt bikers sharing war stories, and hoisting a few to honor those who finished the race/journey ahead of us.    

A Monark GS PRO is a very formedable opponent on the track, My FMF built Monark is up to the task on a good day.  My ace in the hole is my motor builder does a killer job on the gear box with everything new.

I origionally thought my race Monark was a GS, now that I've had it apart 3 times in the past 2 years I realize that it's a MX model.  The MX was cool just, not the rocket the PRO or the GS is.

This next Monark will be done hopefully to GS or close specs.  Ive asked a friend to hand build me a pipe off of the dyno this time.  Not cheap.

Dirk

rob w

Through many years of observation, I have concluded that a fast rider on an average bike will beat the average rider on a fast bike. [^]

OUCWBOY

I have even seen a fast rider on a SLOW bike beat average riders on a FAST bike. More than once!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

classof74

After purchasing the remnants of the old Monark / Inter-Trends inventory, I ran across "Technical Information Sheets" (as they called them) which shows step by step how to take a Monark/Sachs MX engine and bring it up to GS specs. Complete information and diagrams can be found at...

http://www.vintagemonark.com/technical.htm

Enjoy!

Mark