Started by classof74, November 19, 2004, 04:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classof74

Anyone know the month and year of the Popular Cycling issue that had the
"Super Power Sachs Secrets" article?

Thanks,

Mark

Kip Kern

Mark  I have a copy somewhere, I'll have to look.

john durrill

Mark,
 We have a copy of the article. Some one in POG sent it to me 2 years ago. The bottom of the page has 26/POPULAR CYCLING.
 The pictures did not scan well but it readable.
John D.

classof74

Thanks, now if I could just figure out what month and year Popular Cycling it came out of.

Mark

john durrill

Mark,
 The things covered in the article are the same as the Monark web site info. The web site has a few more tricks not covered in the article.
 The Pop Cycle info on milling the head is a little confusing and misleading.
Here is the short cut some one posted last week for the Monark tech articles.

http://www.vintagemonark.com/technical.htm
Hope this helps
John D.

Bryson Williams

John D, that article is on " Mark's, Class of 74" Monark web site.  He and Scott Wallenburg have collaborated on the new web site." Vintagemonark.com"  In my humble oppinion they have done an outstanding job.

Mark also has some very cool NOS stuff he is marketing on the site and on e bay.  Regarding the article on the "secrets" I have a copy of the article if you want one e mail me and I'll mail you a photocopy of the article.  

The head milling, and dome reshaping, and the spigot machining are are both important in this article.  

Dirk

Lew Mayer

Definitely a good site. Could somebody please explain to me the term "chordal dimension"? Does this mean the measurements of the ports excluding the radiused edges?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

john durrill

Lew ,
 go to this folder. down load and print the 3 files . i think it can explane it the best for you.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/PentonRestorationandTechGroup/files/Chordal%20port%20measurement/
give me a call if i can help 386-752-9290
John D.

john durrill

Lew,
 Did it explain it for you ok?
 Let me know. It makes a big difference how it is measured when you go to cut the ports.
 Thanks,
 John D.

john durrill

Dirk,
 Does someone have the 1st tech sheet? If not does someone have a D cylinder to get the measurements listed as standard from. They would be a big factor in making a D cylinder from a B.
  The change in the exhaust port would make a big felt difference in power delivery, it would have too. Thats a big change in flow timing for the pipe I think.
Thanks,
 John D.

Lew Mayer

John,for some reason I couldn't sign on. I'll try again later.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

john durrill

Lew let me send it to you e-mail

Gary Roach

John,
   I just found the Monark Tech Sheet #1 Thursday night in a Penton binder that Kent Knudson bought from an old Penton/DKW dealer. I sent it to Mark at the Monark website last night. I'll email you the 3 pages.

Gary Roach

john durrill

Dirk yes we would like a copy.
[email protected]
Thank you.
John Durrill

john durrill

Thank you Gary!!!!
 Man i have been looking for that info for 2 years. You guys are a blessing.
John D.