Calling Dwight Rudder

Started by Mike Burgess, December 16, 2004, 11:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Burgess

Hey Dwight, Mike Burgess here. Been a long long time but after suffering a severe broken neck i've decided to start restoring some of the good old Penton/Husky/Hercules/Rokon and of course my beloved Sachs 80. The sachs is going very well and i have  a few other projects in the works. I've located the gentlemen that bought all the shop supplies after we sold it to Warren. I'm working on trying to buy it all. They even have 3 shrink pack packages of the original straight cut gears that John obtained for dad. I believe they were manufactured by CMS. Having said that, maybe we can revive some of the old Competition Cycle sales equipment and make the next get together. I'm leaving you my email addy in hopes you wioll contact me as to i might be able to help ya out on some vintage as they say parts that you could use. So far i've found the first 250 Hare Scrambler we recieved, the hercules 7 speed, The wassel trials bike and the Rokon Cobra. I'm in the process of trying to buy them and bring them back to life. I have in my garage now the first 360 Auto that Husky sent to a dealer. It's rough but with a little tender loving care it can be sweet again. The Sachs 80 is in decent shape as Robbie cranked it 4 or 5 times a year and it is just weathered a bit. It should look like new when i'm finished and i still have the pic of dad riding it at the Daytona Hare Scrambles. Heres my email, contact me when ya can and we can discuss this more. I hope Debbie is doing well. Our prayers are with you guys. Keep in touch. Good to see alot of the old school group here, brings back many many memories. Take care man!

[email protected]

Dwight Rudder

Mikey, Take care of that Sachs 80 and don't forget I get first dibs on it as your Dad did give it to me. I should have kept my mouth shut when he gave it to me. I told him to ask you and Robbie first if it was OK. HEHEHE
Sie la vie

If you get to Jackson, be sure to stop by "The Kickstand M/C parts" on Hwy 80W  and look at Lee Clark's and My Museum of Vintage Enduro bikes.
Cher'o,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Mike Burgess

Dwight, I'll be up that way soon to see ya and maybe when the Sach's is finished we can work something out to put it in your museum. I'd have no issues with that. I'll be in touch with ya soon, If we don't chat before may you and Debbie have a safe and wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Years!