Penton/AMA Meeting

Started by firstturn, December 28, 2004, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

I have been asked several times for the date and the Motel to stay at for the AMA meeting in February.  I thought it might be nice if we posted the information here for people planning to attend.  So if someone with all that important information please list it here and possibly in our events section.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

The "Penton Day At The AMA" is being held on Sat. February 5, 2005. The doors open at 9 and the meeting will start at 10. I will be at the Museum tomorrow to finalize some plans for this years event and am going to check on the best hotel to use.
     Remember that 2005 is the "Year of the Jackpiner" and we want to get as many Piners out as possible, along with any other Pentons that anyone wants to bring. For those who haven't been to the Museum they have a large covered open air parking area that we use to display bikes. Even in the coldest weather the display attracts lots of attention, old mudrunners are a tough bunch:D Bikes don't have to be show bikes for display, barn fresh to perfect restorations are all welcome.
   I will have more info after tomorrow's meeting.
Hope to see ya there.
Paul

firstturn

Paul,
  Any update from your recent visit to AMA?  Just wanting to have some answers for people that maybe planning a trip to the 2005 Penton Day.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

The Marriott Fairfield Inn @ 614-864-4555 offers the best deal at $59.00 per night +tax for a single or double.  Just be sure to mention that you want the AMA rate when you call or checkin.  

The Country Inn Suites @ 614-861-8888 has singles @ $59.00 and doubles @ $69.00 +tax, again ask for the AMA rate.

Both motels are very close to the AMA headquarters and museum. I have checked with both places and confirmed that these rates are still in effect.

There are a number of resturants in the area.  A Crackerbarrel is located less than a mile from the museum.

Once again Buehner Supply is providing the pizza and soft drinks for lunch at the museum. No need to leave for the entire day!!!

Remember to bring your Penton for the display, from basketcase to primo restoration, all are welcome.  Sometimes the barnfresh project bikes draw as much attention as the restorations.

2005, THE YEAR OF THE JACKPINER!!!!!!!!

Paul

Randy Kirkbride

I think it would be nice for everyone that brings bikes to the AMA meeting to put a label with their names on their bikes. It's neet to match-up bikes and people.

What's the weather situation in Amherst for tonight's POG meeting?

Paul Danik

Randy,
  Good idea on the labels.  We are planning to build time into the days program for all of us to go out to the display and look at each bike and ask the owner to tell us " The Story " that each bike seems to have. We will probably do this right after lunch during the heat of the day:D  Being as 2005 is "The Year Of The Jackpiner" we want to line up the Piners by frame numbers to help show the progression of changes in those machines.

Paul