New Year Challenge

Started by Paul Danik, December 31, 2004, 09:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Ok you guys and gals, Happy New Year to all of you.  Lets have a bit of fun and see who will be the first one to post that they fired up their Penton in the year 2005, then let's see who will be the first one from each state to fire up their Penton in the new year, how many states can we get?? How many countries??  Enduro riders honor rules apply here:D

Happy New Year
Paul

Dwight Rudder

I JUST FIRED UP MY 1972 PENTON SIX-DAY 125 ! ( needed to I washed it this afternoon ) Neighbors were shooting fireworks anyway.
Happy New Year !
Dwight Rudder

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

OUCWBOY

In California it's now midnight! I just opened the garage door and fired up the old D motor monster! I'm sure the neighbors got upset, but like Dwight said, they were shooting fireworks off all over.
Happy New Year!!!!!!!
This just shows you all some of us have nothing else better to do on New Years Eve. I gotta get a life!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Tony Price

Donnie,

I was in bed before Paul made the post, talk about needing to get a life!  

The Berkie is not running, but just as I had all of the parts in hand to breathe new life into this mild mannered tiddler secret engineering plans are being formulated.

My Super Double Secret R&D Department has completed an evaluation of certain items and returned an acceptable finding.  I have dispatched, by electronic messenger, a communication to the agent who holds the rights to these items.

Other operatives within the PIA should expect clandestine contact in the near future for technical support as the reverse engineering and modification phase begins.

2005 is gonna be a good Penton year, hehehe................

Ton, errr Bill Smith.  From Iowa

Tony

Lew Mayer

Hey, no fair Guys, my tranny was apart on my trials bike,but I "got her done" this mornin' and fired her up at noon. Shifts and runs great. Next project rollin' in. Thanks for the fast service,Donny!

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Kip Kern

This morning, here in Indiana, I just fired up my "73" Jackpiner (still filthy dirty from Tulsa) and also fired up my 250 CZ MX'r (louder than crap) and took a moment to breath in the wonderful aroma of 2 stroke incense.  [:p]

Rain Man

From Beutiful down town Limington maine, I had my 1972 PENTON 6 day with studded ice tires out in the melted mess this morning,  a balmy 46f    simply Beutiful riding weather !!
   The D.Wilford built, MZB powered, Down Easter maintained 125 started on the 2nd kick !!
  The Trails Need to freeze up again, to get any practical riding in,
 no roots and rocks and 4th gear all the way !!  Wahoo

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Lew Mayer

A big THANKS to Ron Carbaugh for sending some of that warm weather he had, to us back east. We broke a record today. 67 in B'more. 64 in southern Pa. Had to ride my streetbike, it was so nice out. It can stay like this until April and then warm up.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Paul Danik

Lew,
   You mean to say that Ron is responsable for all of this hot air, oops, I mean warm weather? :D  OK, I forgot the guy is from Texas!
    Thanks Ron!

Warm Martian

tomale

Does it count that I touched my 78 400....?I wiggled into the shop.... small shop..... to get torx bits to work on my truck. NOthing major but needed to adjust the tailgate so that it would close tighter. I almost took it out and started it this afternoon. I have a race in two weeks and have not touched it since the last race the first weekend in December. Happy New Year to all! May this year be better than you dreamed possible.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

firstturn

Lew,
  Thaxs for the attention and I will accept the honor of the warm weather even if Paul is right[:o)][:p].  I was caught off guard by this challenge as I am in Arizonia, but I am working on getting some one to go over and crank up a Stock 100 Berkshire.....got that Paul stock![:0]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Paul, I've been challenged for years now hoping to get some of these bikes fired up. Okay, I'm done buying bikes and parts, I'm going to take the next 363 days to put em' together and get em' running. So I won't win this years challenge in my state, there's always next year.

That reminds me of a New Years party I was at long ago. It was in the country, the owner of the place said to his visiting out-of-town friends, "lets go out and shoot these shotguns at mid-night", well these guys had plenty to drink, they never handled a gun much before, and it was pitch black outside. I went out to see just as they started to fire them off. Boom!,boom!,boom!,boom!,boom!.......they stopped.....Then I said to them, "do you know your shooting at your own parked cars". Ooops [:0]:D ,too much.

Well, gotta get after them bikes. Happy 2005, "The Year of the Jackpiner", and a great year I expect it to be!!!
Thanks,
Bob

Paul Danik

Rob,
    NOT BUYING ANY MORE BIKES OR PARTS!!! Are you quitting cold turkey or have you slowly weaned yourself for your additiction [8D] or should I say our common additction.  Good luck with your projects in the next 363 days, I sometimes think I won't be finished for about 365 years!:D  

Ron,
    How many cc's is a stock 100 in Texas[}:)]

Paul

firstturn

Paul,
  I don't know for sure since I can't find the keys to my machinest chest, but I did notice that at the last reunion ride that you and I rode I was assigned the number 152........;).  I will be happy to remove the head for verification...oh err if I could just find that 10mm head wrench.  Mr Smith from Iowa knows I only run a 100.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rocket

Texas math: 152=100 :D
Rocket