Winter Night Trivia

Started by Paul Danik, January 20, 2005, 08:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

In the latest issue of the American Motorcyclist, Feb,2005  a former Penton employee is mentioned, and it states in the article that he worked for John Penton. This same person was on the cover of one of the ORIGINAL "Keeping Track" newsletters, who is he and when was he on that cover?  I almost forgot to mention that he is also a POG member.
Paul

firstturn

Paul,
  We are going to have to get these guys reading their magazine.  Being into old race bikes that have a history I always enjoy the AMA Museum motorcycle on the inside back cover.  This month is no exception.  Great bike and story.  I do know the answer, but you would give me a time out if I told[B)]...but great question.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Gary Roach

Paul,
  I know too. Toni and I were talking just a few weeks ago about what ever happen to him. Now we know the rest of the story! Kent has a real cool photo of him standing beside his Penton at an Enduro. I'll try to get him to bring it to the POG meeting.

Gary

Don Roth

Well, this gentleman and I share a first name, I'll let it go
at that, yes we can read here in Ohio, despite what the public may
think, looking forward to seeing all them-thar piners in a row!
-don

Rocket

My guess would be Don Rozene.
Rocket

Paul Danik

Don Rosene is the correct answer and he was on the cover of  Keeping Track number 16 dated August, 1974.  In the Jerry West cover photo Don is airbone while competing in the Franklin 75 Hare Scrambles, I believe that race was held in Georgia.

Don now lives in Anchorage, Alaska and ownes "The Motorcycle Shop" selling KTM and a number of other brands. In the most recent issue of American Motorcyclist several writers wrote about their tour of Alaska that began at Don's shop. The guys wrote a very nice sidebar about Don. Don is usually at VMD and can often be found in the POG area.  If you happen to get to Anchorage be sure to stop by and say hi to this fellow Pogger, he is a really great guy.

Thanks
Paul